Entrance Exams

Izuku POV:

It's been about 10 months since me and Kaachan met All Might and started training with him. Since I obtained OFA, I was able to grow in strength and skill with both the quirk and Ink Maker. Training for OFA was kinda shaky off the bat since I couldn't get a handle on controlling the strength in the beginning. Though after Kaachan explained that it was kinda like shooting out my ink at full blast as opposed to holding back a bit to avoid major drawbacks, I seemed to get it a little more. Thanks to that and her suggesting to use the quirk all throughout my body, I can use the quirk for the most as efficient as I can. Might only be at 5% of the max power from what All Might said, but it's definitely better than making it feel like I'm constantly pulling muscles or breaking bones. Today though was the moment of truth. The entrance exams.

"Oi! You up yet Deku?" Kaachan shouted from outside the door while I was putting on my shirt. "Almost ready." "Well hurry the fuck up or you won't get food before you go!" She walked away for me to finish buttoning my shirt and head downstairs. Both Kaachan and aunt Mitsuki we're having their normal squabbles for me to sit by uncle Massaru to watch. "What's today's fight about?" "Katsumi was ticked off about something Mitsuki said." I narrowly evaded a frying pan being thrown near my head before digging into my breakfast. "So Izuku, today you and Katsumi start the entrance exams. Are you worried?" "I'll admit I'm a little on edge, but I'm determined to pass this exam and get into UA. If I can, I'll be one step closer to mine and Kaachan's dreams as children." Uncle Massaru seemed to smile at this before saying something. "This may be a bit of a strange question, but hear me out." "Okay." "What do you think of my daughter?" I swallowed what was in my mouth while watching both Kaachan and aunt Mitsuki continue throwing stuff at each other. "I think she's a very nice person even if she doesn't really show it as much as she should. When what happened to my mom happened, she was willing to stay by my side and is still on my side. To me, she's an irreplaceable friend that I'm happy to have in my life." I smiled before taking a sip of the miso I had.

"Would you by any chance be willing to make Katsumi something more than a friend?" "PFFT!" I spat my soup out to make Kaachan pay attention to us on the floor being held in a choke hold. "U-um, t-that I'm not Uhh...I-I mean it's not a bad thing to...." "STOP SAYING THIS DHIT IN FRONT OF DEKU OLD MAN!" Kaachan was able to get out of the choke hold to kick uncle Massaru out of his seat. "WHAT THE HELL KATSUMI!?" She immediately grabbed the back of my shirt and our stuff before walking to the door. "We're leaving." "Wait, but what about breakfast?" "We'll pick something up on the way. Right now I'm done hearing this shit from my old man and the hag and I'm not having you listen to them." EE neared the door while aunt Mitsuki continued to fight Kaachan about whatever they were fighting about today. 'I wonder what this house would be like when it isn't as lively.'

Two hours later:

After getting something to eat on the way and a train ride to the closest station, we've finally arrived at our destination. UA high. "Woah! The schools a lot bigger in person!" "Eh, whatever. Size doesn't mean much. The quality should be what really sets this school apart." Kaachan started to walk in while I realized that I was lagging behind. "Hey, wait up!" I started to run in before tripping over the curb. I felt myself fall to prepare for a painful landing. When it didn't come, I glanced around to see I was floating in midair. "Sorry about using my quirk on you." I looked over to see a girl with brown hair in a bob cut and a permanent blush on her cheeks.

"There you go. Right side up and...release." She touched her fingertips together for my to stand back on solid ground. "That was amazing. Is that your quirk?" "Yeah. Long story short, I can control gravity by touching it with these pads on my fingertips." She showed her hands to me to see small pads on her fingers that looked almost like calluses. "My name's Ochako Uraraka. Nice to meet you." "I-Izuku Midoriya, and likewise." "OI DEKU! Hurry up or we'll be late!" Kaachan shouted from the fat showing a kinda annoyed face to me. "Is she your girlfriend?" "N-no. She's just a friend." "Oh, well she kinda gave me that vibe. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Anyway, I'll see you inside." Uraraka went into the school for me to start walking in as well. Before I got in though, Kaachan gave me a punch to the gut to make me bend over. "*cough* *cough* Why'd you do that?" "TO GET YOU OUTTA THAT STUPID LOOK YOU'VE GOT! NOW GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR, I WANNA FIND WHERE WE GOTTA GO AS FADT AS WE CAN!" Kaachan walked inside with a bit of an angered look on her for some reason. 'Did...did I do something to anger her?' I put this off to head inside and catch up to her.