8

A/N- I've decided to skip a few episodes because I can't really fit Autumn into them. Also going to do a quick time jump and Luke and Autumn are already dating.

Autumn was walking with Luke as she was heading to the hospital. "Hey wheres Evie today?" Luke says as he looked at Autumn.

"She's with Mark he's been going through relationship drama and then there was a situation with his other daughter and I think he needed to spend time with her." Autumn tells him as she takes a sip from her coffee.

"Hey so I was thinking maybe tonight if your free we could try that new pizza place?" Luke asks her as she smiles at him slightly.

"Yeah sure I'll see if Mark or Callie can watch Evie they should be able to." Autumn tells him as they get to the front of the hospital as she quickly pecks him on the lips.

"Well I'll pick you up from your apartment about 8?" Luke asks her as she smiles at him and nods in response as he kisses her and she kisses him back before heading inside the hospital.
~
Autumn had changed into her scrub as she heard a small voice shouting her as a smile grew on her face. "Mommy!" Evie shouted as she ran to autumn as she turned around picked her up.

"Hey sweet girl have you been good for daddy?" Autumn asks as Mark walks over to the both of them with a small smile on his face.

"Of course she has so what did you do with your free night?" Mark asks as Autumn looks at him.

"That is none of your business but I was wondering if you could watch her again tonight?" Autumn asks as she looks at Mark hopefully.

"Hmm I'll take any time to spend with my princess right Evie you want to stay with daddy again tonight?" Mark says tickling Evie as she giggles as Autumn smiles at them both.

"Great right sweetheart mommy will see you later while daddy takes you to daycare." Autumn says giving Evie a kiss on her head as she sets her down as mark takes her hand and takes her up to daycare.
~
"A year after mr. Meyer's lymphoma went into remission,He was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis,A condition that he developed as a side effect
To the radiation he received during his cancer treatments." Lexie says as she reviewed the case to autumn and the patient.

"This isn't new information.I thought you said you could help." The patient sister says as she was frustrated as she looked at the surgeons.

"Yeah, but they're new to the case,And it's important to review the entire history." Arizona says to them.

"Great. Uh, can't you do that on your own time?" Jill says as she looks at autumn and Lexie.

"Jill. Sorry.My sister usually waits a few more minutesBefore going full bitch on new guys." Elliot says as he looks at them as autumn nods her head understanding.

"All right. Let me tell you what I know.It is gonna be very difficult to find you a new set of lungs.Donor lungs are scarce.85% get thrown outBecause they get too inflamed while the donor is brain dead.And because your cancer could come back With the immunosuppressants you'd be on,You are considered a very high-risk candidate.There are just too many other patients on the list That are lower risk." Autumn says to them.

"Elliot survived leukemia and lymphoma.Nobody does that, but he did.He deserves lungs." Jill says as she look at the surgeons as autumn looks up at her.

"Unfortunately, these are the rules The transplant board sets out.I...I'm sorry." Autumn says to them.
~
Dr. Montgomery, have you looked into the research they're doing With ex vivo transplants?" Lexie says as Autumn looks at her taking an interest in the case.

"Ex vivo?" She questions them with a small smile on her lips seeing what they know.

"Well, it's a procedure where they take damaged donor lungs The ones we would normally throw away And repair them on bypass.Are we doing one?" Cristina asks as autumn looks at her slightly amused.

"Let me guess.You want on my service to make up for the fact that you humiliated yourself in front of harper avery." Autumn says as Cristina looks at her.

"How'd you hear about that?" Cristina says as Lexie looks at her.

"You made fun of me." Lexie tells her as Cristina looks back at autumn.

"Okay. Fine.Yes, I-I humiliated myself in front of harper avery.And my daredevil gorked before we could operate on him.So I am available for your ex vivo lung case." Cristina says as Autumn looks at her.

"I don't have an ex vivo lung case Because it's only been done in switzerland and in Canada on patients in much better shape than our patient." Autumn tells her.

"Yes, but...Okay, performing a procedure
as hard-core as this while harper Avery is in the hospital?Well, I mean, he could hear about it and like it And--and he's a god who hands out awards." Cristina says as Autumn looks at her.

"This patient is not going to be put under a surgery that could potentially kill him after all he has survived just to impress someone with an award named after them." Autumn says to them as she walks away to check on her other patients.
~
"You went behind my back.You used my name." Autumn says as she snaps at Cristina.

"Yes, yes, but we followed the protocol.We didn't tell the patient." Cristina says as Autumn rolls her eyes.

"You stole lungs, cristina!" Autumn says as she snaps at her student.

"Which they were about to throw out."  Cristina says to her.

"She was being green." Lexie says defending Cristina as autumn looks at them both.

"Oh, well, great.Then I don't have to worryAbout the thousands of dollars that you spent And the fact that no one in this hospital has ever tried this before." Autumn says to them as she looks at Cristina as Lexie gets their attention as the lungs become viable.
~
"A transplant th repaired lungs has never been done
in the united states.The risks are tremendous,and with the amount of radiation that you sustained, There's no way of knowing how friable your tissue is
Or if you can even sustain a transplant." Autumn says to Elliot  and Jill.

"Wait. I'm sorry.Are you saying you recommend it,
though?" Elliot says as he looks at the surgeons.

"No, they're sayingThey want to give us a pair
of hand-me-down lungs the ones no one else wants." Jill says to her brother.

"These are good lungs.This procedure has
allowed us to repair them so they're virtually the same as-" Cristina says as she gets cut off by Jill.

"no! We'll wait.We'll wait until you get the lungs that you deserve." Jill says as Elliot  looks at her.

"You're so used to fighting, you don't even realize...This is it.I am sick and I'm tired And I am ready.No matter what happens, my affairs are in order." Elliot tells his sister.

"Your affairs are not in order.Don't you dare say that." Jill says to him.

"Dr. Robbins, please.Is this my best shot?" Elliot asks as he looks at Arizona.

"I'm not your surgeon here, elliot.I have to defer to dr. Montgomery." Arizona says to him.

"It's your only shot." Autumn tells him.

"Then, yes. Do it.Give me the hand-me-downs." Elliot says to them as autumn nods at him.
~
Autumn did the surgery with Lexie and Cristina as they had finished telling Jill that Elliot was going to be fine.