28

Autumn sat beside Mark as Richard was talking with all the attending's. "Okay, let's get started." Webber says to them.

"Yeah, let's do it.Got a lot of standing around to do today." Mark says as autumn rolls her eyes at him.

"He's right, people.Starting today, fifth-year residents rotate in as lead surgeons." Richard says to them.

"We've alerted the morgue." Callie says getting a chuckles from the attending's.

"Attendings, you will observe and stay silent. Offer help only when you absolutely have to." Richard tells them.

"Yeah, before you help them swim, let 'em sink a little." Bailey says as they all laugh.

"The next order of business...effective 9:00 A.M. this morning,I have resigned as chief of surgery of Seattle Grace Mercy West hospital.I will stay on the surgical staff.I will turn this meeting over to the new chief of surgery,Dr. Owen Hunt." Richard says as he sits down as autumn looks at him and Mark.

"Thanks, Dr. Webber.I know this comes as a surprise to all of you, too.And I appreciate, over the next couple of days, your help and your patience.Um, so now I have your call schedules,but I can have them dist..."Owen says as everyone looks at Richard.

"Wait. What happened?" Arizona asks looking at Owen.

"Why did it happen?" Mark asks looking at Richard.

"Is this the board?Are they forcing you to step down?
Hmm?" Derek asks as they all look at him.

"Hunt.You're the new chief of surgery.Nice." Teddy says as they all look at the two of them.
~
Autumn stood watching Cristina as she talked to the patients. Cristina walked out after finishing her patient as autumn walked over to Mark as he looked at her a smile on his lips. "And what's the matter with you?" Marks ask as autumn looks at him.

"Just Yang. This is a huge ego boost for her maybe this will teach her a lesson if not then I'll have to find another way to especially after the whole thing with Karev." Autumn says as she rubs her hand over her head.

"Don't worry about it. I've got a way for you to destress." Mark says as he kisses her neck as she leans back against him.

"I like your idea." Autumn says as she takes his hands pulls him to the nearest on call room as she starts kissing him as he kisses her back.
~
"I was right.Ruth Bennet's scans show appendicitis.
The morons missed it.I'm turfing her to general
surgery for an appendectomy." Cristina says to autumn as she looks at the scans.

"Why don't you do the appy?" Autumn suggest looking up from her chart.

"Where do I start?Because it's general surgery,
and I'm on cardio.Because it's first-year surgery,
and I'm a fifth year.Because..." Cristina says as autumn smiles at her.

"You know what? This is great.I mean, Ruth has a heart condition,and we have to monitor her anyway.
and because of her C.O.P.D.,she has to have an open appy, and we don't want some moron doing it.And you get a procedure." Autumn says smiling.

"It's a very basic procedure." Cristina comments as autumn nods her head

"But you love the basics.And you're all about the fundamentals." Autumn says to Cristina as she walks away.
~
Autumn was in surgery with Cristina as she had forgotten how to the appendectomy. "I can't remember the next step." Cristina says to her as autumn looks up.

"Well, you might remember this the next time you're screaming at an intern for skipping the fundamentals." Autumn says to her.

"Will you just do it, please?" Cristina says handing her the instrument

"Take your time." Autumn reminds her. "It'll come back."

"No, it won't. Honestly.I can stand here all day." Cristina says as autumn looks at her.

"Your doing it but I'll talk you through it.You want to ligate at the proximal edge,apply a straight clamp,
and lay down a purse-string suture at the base." Autumn tells her.

"Of course.Right. Thank you. I got it." Cristina says as autumn watches her closely.
~
Autumn was scrubbing out as she looked at Cristina. "I believe you can be great. I believe you can be one of the best Cardiothoracic surgeons there ever was. You've got a gift I see that in you. But that doesn't make you better or have an advantage. It means you've the chance to help save a person life and sometimes you've got to step back and let's others help. One thing you never do is bring in issues into an O.R. All that matter is your patient, you and that procedure." Autumn says as Cristina nods her head as autumn walks out.
~
Autumn walked into the daycare as Evie ran over to her as she picked her up. "You ready to go home?"  Autumn asks her daughter.

"Yes mommy where's daddy?" She asks as autumn looks up at her.

"He's going to see Sofia but he'll be home in time to took you into bed so what should we get for dinner?" Autumn asks her little girl.

"Pizza." Evie exclaimed as autumn smiles at she puts her down and collects Evie's things before they headed home.
~
Autumn was finishing unpacking their bedroom as mark was putting Evie into bed as he walks in smiling at Autumn. "That's one princess fast asleep." Mark says as he kisses autumn on the cheek and helps her with the unpacking.

"That's good news. Can you believe this is all ours?" Autumn says looking around the room.

"Yep all ours." Mark says as he kisses her as she kisses him back.