44

"Derek Shepherd multiple hand fractures with a median nerve injury.Arizona robbins open femur fracture with resultant above-knee amputation. Mark Sloan in a coma for two months due to life threatening complications. Lexie Grey,deceased." The woman explains to them all as they listen carefully.

"How is-how is the investigation going?" Derek asks them.

"Have they found what caused the crash?" Meredith adds to what Derek says while Autumn set back in her chair. She was only representing Mark until he was well enough to attend himself.

"The investigation could take years.That's why we want to help you put this tragedy behind you." The representative of the airline told them.

"I think you mean,your clients would like to put it behind them." The representative of crash survivors says.

"So I am authorized at this time to propose a onetime settlement.Bayview aeronautics takes your loss seriously now the settlement
agreement must be unanimous,and it releases bayview aeronautics from any and all other claims,known or unknown,but...Most important,it will allow you to put this painful time behind you and move on with your lives." The representative of airline says to them showing them the amount of money.
~
Autumn held Noah as she chatted with Callie who was carrying Sofia. "How are things with you and Arizona?" Autumn asks looking at her friend knowing their relationship was suffering.

"Everything is still rocky but we're trying. She's just so angry and I'm trying. But that's not important so do we have a wedding to plan or what?" Callie asks smiling at her best friend.

"Yes indeed we do. Shes stuck with me for life now." Mark smirks from his chair as they walked in with Sofia and Noah.

"I said yes." Autumn smiled before placing Noah in Marks arms.

"I'm so happy for the two of you!" Callie exclaimed hugging both of the couple.

"Thank you but we're waiting a while just until all this stuff with plane crash passes. Speaking of which I'm getting discharged at the end of the week. I'll still need sessions with Sean and to see the councillor but I'll be a free man." Mark says as Autumn smiles brightly.

"That's amazing." Autumn cheered pressing her lips against Marks before the three talked about the meeting.
~
Autumn handed Mark a cup of coffee which he thanked her for. "Avery stopped by this morning at least he's not screwing up my service. He's staying as well now." Mark informed his fiancé who smiled at him.

"Ah your other son. He was really worried about you it's sweet." Autumn says while Mark looks at her.

"Now how are the kids?" He questions her.

"Noah is sleeping all day and just wakes up when he's hungry. However he did smile at me this morning he inherited that from me. And Evie she's just loving school and she's been begging to take gymnastics. I told her we'd think about it." Autumn filled Mark in on everything.

"We should let her do it. If it makes her happy then we should let her do it." Mark says while Autumn smiled at him.

"Your an amazing father you know that right?" Autumns says while Mark smiled at her.

"It's easy when my kids have the best moms they could ask for." Mark says as Autumn leans down and kisses him.

"I can't wait till you home. Everything just feels so different without you there." Autumn says while Mark cups her cheeks.

"I'll be back before you know it." Mark says before the two continue to spend time together while they can.
~
Autumn laid in her bed as Callie laid beside her. "It's like I'm excited for Mark to be home and i mean it's great. But I can't with his stealing the duvet all of the time." Autumn chuckled while Callie looked lost in thought. "Are you thinking about Arizona?" Autumn asks her.

"I don't know what to do Taytum. I try to talk to her and get her to open up. She's just freezing me out. I'm trying to be there for her but I don't know what she needs." Callie says looking at her best friend who smiled at her.

"All Arizona needs right now it's for you to keep showing up. No matter how hard it gets just remind her that you love her and you'll be by her side. She went through something horrific and we won't ever understand what happened out there. We've just got to try and be there to hold them together when there falling apart. I don't think it's set in for Mark yet he's still in denial and being his old self." Autumn admitted before Callie hugged her.

"We're going to get them through this together as a family." Callie says as Autumn nodded before checking on Noah.
~
Mark was packing up his stuff while Autumn was dropping Noah and Evie off with Callie while she helped Mark home. Derek stood helping Mark as the two talked about the settlement money.

"It's a lot of money. It'll be good for the kids it'll mean they are set but you've got other ideas." Mark says looking at Derek.

"I just think we've got more time to think about it and there is a reason that plane crashed. Lexie died and so could you." Derek says while Mark sighed deeply.

"Your right but personally I just want to put this behind me. I want to marry Autumn and be the father my kids deserve. I got my chance and I'm not going to blow it. But I'm good with whatever you guys want to do." Mark said while Derek nodded in response.
~
Autumn dropped Marks bag as he headed into the house. "Welcome Home Sloan." Autumn says while Mark wrapped his arm around her waist.

"It's good to be home." He mumbled kissing her lightly before the two headed inside where their friends and family gathered to welcome him home.

The couple mingled with their friends even Addison had flown out to welcome Mark home. She was also here to meet her nephew and spend time with her family. This was their second chance this was their time.