23

Autumn stood with Cristina, Bailey and Arizona as they watch Callie trying to straighten her fingers as they all cheered her on.

Autumn sees the look on her best friends face. "You did great Callie your retraining your brain and it's going to take some time but you'll be fine and back to the Ortho goddess we all know and love." Autumn says to her as the three smile at them while Arizona walks over to Callie and kisses her.

Mark walks in and shows Callie a video of Sofia Robbin Sloan Torres as they had named their daughter. Autumn pager goes off as she checks it. "Hey i got get this I'll stop by and see you in a bit." Autumn says as she turns to Callie.
~
Autumn was checking over Callie's heart as the were discussing Sofia. "Have you seen her?" Callie says as she looks at her best friend.

"I have and she's beautiful Callie." Autumn says to her as April runs into the room.

"She opened her eyes.Sofia... she... she looked right at me.I saw her sweet little eyes.They... they're beautiful.They look just like yours. Oh, my god!I shoulda taken pictures.Why didn't I do that?Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh, god, no. I'm so sorry."April says as autumn looks at at Callie getting upset.

"Go, go, go, go, get the pictures!" Autumn tells the resident.

"Okay." April nods her head at her attending.

"Go get the pictures then."Autumn says to April as she turns around.

"I'm sorry. Oh, oh, god." April says as rushes out of the room to go get the pictures.

"Callie.Callie.No, don't. Callie.Callie, stop it. Stop it. Stop it, Callie!You'll rupture your sutures." Autumn says as she tries to calm Callie down.

"I am missing her.I'm missing her." Callie says frustrated as she looks at autumn.

"I know. I know, honey. I know." Autumn says to her.

"She could die, and I'll never..." Callie says as she began to cry. "I could miss her whole life!" Callie cries out as autumn wraps her arms around her as Callie cries.

"Shh. Okay, okay. Easy, easy, relax.Lie back down. You've got one very strong little girl and she's a fighter just like her mom and she's fighting all these odds Callie and she's doing amazing and soon enough you'll be able to hold and you can see her all the time but you need to get better first for her."Autumn says as she holds Callie in her embrace as she lays her back down gently.
~
5 weeks later
Autumn was making notes in one of her patient files as she turns as she bumps into Mark and Arizona as they both look at with a hopeful look on their face.

"Hey guys is everything okay with Callie and Sofia?" Autumn asks them growing concerned by the face her boyfriend was pulling.

"Yeah Callie's great just keeps scaring off her therapists but it's actually Sofia where here about." Arizona says as she smiles at her friend.

"Sofia needs surgery her ductus arteriosus hasn't closed. We need you to do the surgery Arizona can't she's Sofia's mother and we don't trust stark but we trust you and your good amazing even." Mark says as  he smiles at Autumn as she looks at the floor.

"Yeah I'm sorry but I don't think I can do it I've just got a lot of patients and Stark you know he's good." Autumn says as she walks away leaving the pair confused as Mark runs after her.

"Hey whats that all about? You know your the best person to do this and Sofia my daughter and our daughters sister. Your best friends little girl." Mark says as autumn turns to him.

"And that's why I can't do it Mark. She's your little girl what if something went wrong? You, Callie and Arizona you wouldn't forgive that and after everything she's survived already." Autumn says as mark wraps his arms around her waist.

"Hey I know you can do this and we know what could happen but autumn we need the best possible choice for Sofia and that's you." Mark says to her as she looks up at him.

"Tell Kepner to prepare her and get me Yang I'll be in the O.R in a few minutes I just need to check on. Patient." Autumn says as she pecks Mark on the lips before going to see her patient.
~
12 weeks later...

"Five more seconds." Mark tells them all.

"Five... four, three, two, one." The all count down as they watch Sofia in her car seat.

"That's one hour." Mark tells them as he goes over to his daughter.

"Yay!You did it, big girl." Arizona says with a huge smiles at Autumn focused on Callie knowing she looked scared.

"Aww." April mumbles from beside them as she looks at the little girl.

"Okay, let's roll." Mark says as he looks at Callie and Arizona.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Put her down." Callie says as no one but autumn hears her as she turns to her friend.

"I have got the apnea monitor, the o-2...Oh, Callie, you need to steal some of those NICU blankets. They're the best." Arizona continues to talk.

"Okay, everybody, stop.Stop, stop, stop, stop.She's not ready. No, she can't leave.She's-she's been watched by doctors 24 hours a day." Callie says to them as mark puts her down.

"She still will." Mark tells Callie.

"Okay, well, her lungs... she could get R.S.V." Callie tells them.

"Well, any kid could get R.S.V." Arizona says to her.

"She's not getting in a car. It's not safe." Callie says as she becomes upset. "It's not safe.The last time she was in a car,she nearly died.We both nearly died.
Get-get her outta that thing.Get her... give her... give her to me,Mark. I'm not kidding.Get her out of that thing. Give her to me." Callie says as she tries to pick Sofia up as mark walks away.

"Oh, Callie. Callie.Cal... O-okay, okay, you're right.
You are absolutely right.Cars are not safe for children.Okay, neither are bookcases,or squirrels, uh, strong winds,uh, people who sneeze.They're all gonna get your baby.But, honey,you don't feel this way because you were in an accident.You feel this way because you are a parent. Your a mom Callie to a beautiful and very strong little girl who is going to be just fine." Autumn says to her as she calms Callie down.