39

Autumn sat beside Callie who was also confused to the doughnuts and why Avery was passing out pieces of paper. "Mmm. Mmm. This is delicious.When did hunt bump up the doughnut budget?" Arizona says looking at the other Attending's.

"As chief, I'm a firm believer that a nice variety of baked goods is the right way to start any meeting." Mark says walking in as Autumn starts coughing looking at him. Callie rubbed her back as Mark stopped looking at her to make sure she okay.

"As chief?What are you talking about?Seriously? Seriously? Whoa, whoa, whoa.Wait. What happened?" They all say looking at Mark.

"Okay, calm down, everyone.Dr. Hunt and Dr. Yang are down with the flu.I'll be acting chief in Dr. Hunt's absence.Could be a day. Could be a week. What do we got for today?" Mark asks acting like it wasn't a big deal.

"Let me get this straight.Dr. Hunt asked you to fill in as chief--You, Mark Sloan, by name?" Bailey questions Mark as Autumn tries not to laugh.

"Yes, he did.Any other questions?" Mark asks as he winks at Autumn who rolls her eyes throwing a piece of her doughnut at him.
~
Autumn found Mark as he smiled at her while she leaned up pressing her lips against his. "You free?" Autumn asks as her hormones were still all over the place.

"You know Autumn as chief I wouldn't be setting a good example if I was following the chief of Cardio into an on call room. So I'm sorry darling but we can't." Mark says causing Autumn to look slightly shocked at him.

"The same chief of Cardio you've already impregnated?" Autumn asks looking confused at him.

"That was before I was trusted as Chief. There's lot of time for that when we get home." Mark says as Autumn looks at him with a small glare.

"We've got Sofia tonight and i don't I'll be in the mood later." Autumn says walking away from Mark as he looks at her.

"Come on Taytum." Mark called out as she ignored him walking to her next patient.
~
Derek caught up to Autumn as she handed her patients file to the nurse. "Thank you Doctor." The nurse said giving her a small smile.

"Ah my second favourite Shepherd what can I do for you?" Autumn asks him while Derek looks at her offended.

"Who's your first favourite? Amelia? Kathleen? My mom?" Derek question while Autumn smiles at him.

"Your third then because I was thinking of miss Zola but your mom is a close second. Now how can I help you Derek?" Autumn asks as walked towards the room of her next patient.

"You need have a word with sloan he's insufferable." Derek complains while Autumn shook her head at him.

"No chance Mark Sloan isn't been talked to by me. Power corrupts Derek. He even turned down sex." Autumn said as Derek looked actually shocked at Autumn.

"Wow he's really taking this thing seriously." Derek says looking at his former sister in law.

"I know now if you don't mind I've got a patient to see and you probably should go before he finds you." Autumn said as Derek nodded in agreement as they headed their own ways.
~
Callie walked up to Autumn giving her a small smile. "So I beg that you take Sofia tonight." Callie says causing Autumn to look at her confused knowing it was their night to have Sofia anyway.

"It's our night anyway isn't it?" Autumn says to Callie who was now also confused.

"Mark told Arizona you'd be to busy to have her with his chief duties." Callie said while Autumn looked at her.

"I'll be free I've got Evie so I'll take Sofia like it is supposed to be." Autumn tells her as Callie shoots her smile.

"Thank you it's mean a lot now we'll catch up later." Callie says as she had initially invited Autumn to the girls night but she didn't fell like it as she's 31 weeks pregnant.
~
Autumn put Sofia down in her crib before quietly leaving her room and walking over to Evie's room. "Hi mommy." Evie said smiling at Autumn who smiled back at her.

"Hey sweetheart are you almost ready for bed? Have you picked out which story you want?" Autumn asked her daughter who smiled handing the book to Autumn.

"Ah one of my favourites." Autumn says before she continues to read to Evie as they get comfortable on the bed.
~
"How long until baby is here?" Evie says as Autumn strokes her long brown hair while her blue eyes looked up at her.

"Well it'll be like two months so very very soon." Autumn explains to her daughter who smiled at her.

"I can't wait to meet them." Evie says smiling brightly causing Autumn to watch her daughter in adoration.

"Me neither and i bet they can't wait to meet their big sisters. You are a great big sister and you will to this baby too. I just want you to know when this baby comes they may need mommy's attention and help because they can't really do anything. But that doesn't mean I love them anymore than I love you. You were my first born baby and you made me a mommy always remember how much I love you." Autumn says to her daughter who smiles at her.

"I know mommy I love you too and daddy. When will daddy be home?" Evie asks as Autumn kisses her head.

"He'll be home soon and he'll come give you a goodnight kiss but now it's time to close your eyes little lady. I love you sweet dreams." Autumn says kissing her head again before turning off the light and closing the door.

Autumn headed to the bathroom where she quickly showered and changed before climbing into her own bed. She quickly fell asleep with the baby kicking her slightly causing her to smile with her hand in the growing bump.