21

"What's that about?" Bailey asks as she walks over to Autumn and Owen who were discussing one of their patients.

"Oh, the chief's in the bathroom." Autumn tells her as they watch the residents crowd outside the bathroom waiting for Richard.

"With an audience?" Bailey questions the attending.

"His trial funding came through this morning,and they all want on it." Owen tells Bailey as autumn looks over at the door.

"Door's opening!" Autumn shouts out to them as they all begin talking to Webber at the same time.

"Quiet! Quiet!I haven't made my decision yet.Oh, get out of the way." Richard says to them as he walks away as Bailey walks over to them.

"Stalking a man while he's in the restroom?" Bailey says looking at the residents.

"I'd clean the restroom if he'd let me on this trial." Jackson says to them.

"I'd live in it." Cristina comments as Autumn laughs at Owen as he looks at his wife.

"You are surgeons.If you want to impress the chief,
impress him surgically.Avery, you're with me." Bailey tells them as autumn walked away laughing.
~
Autumn walked into the attending lounge as she sees them all setting up for Callie's baby shower as Autumn turns around as Mark and Callie see her.

"And just where do you think you are going?" Callie says looking at her best friend as Autumn turns around to face the three of them.

"Yeah I'm going to get a coffee since I can't find the machine in this lounge." Autumn says as Mark shakes his head as he walks over to her.

"You can help us set up we could do with an extra pair of hands." Mark says as autumn looks up at him.

"Ah no you see I've got patients who require me to fix their hearts and little children who require me to make them all better so you can get one of the interns to help you." Autumn says as she pecks Mark on the cheek as Callie stands beside him.

"Oh really not even for your future godchild?" Callie says as they both share a look with Autumn a smile sitting on both of their faces.

"What?" Autumn says as she looks at them.

"We talked and we want you to be the babies godmother." Callie says with a hopeful look at Mark looks at her with his signature grin making her smile at the pair.

"Fine if it's for my future godchild I guess I can make an exception but you Mark Sloan owe me a coffee." Autumn says making Callie laugh as the two head over to set up one of the stations.
~
Autumn stood watching Mark talking to Arizona as she saw the frustration growing on her friends face as she was pulled into the baby shower chaos. Autumn walked over as she stood beside Mark as he smiled at her. "And how are you enjoying the baby shower?" Mark asks turning to face Autumn.

"You know you need to stop whatever this with Arizona. You both need to deal with the fact that your doing this together that your raising this baby together. Your both going to be parents to this baby and they don't need to grow up watching their parents hating each other and arguing. You need to do that for Callie and for your kid." Autumn says to him as he looks at her.

"I know your right I mean your always right it's just hard there together there a couple and it's like it their baby and I'm just a guy looking through the window on my own family." Mark says as Autumn turns to him as she wraps her arms around his neck.

"You know Callie wouldn't let that happen and neither would Arizona the three of you are in this together and they've never had a kid before this is all new for both of them and they need you more than they know. I mean I was so scared about becoming a mom but having Addie and you helped a lot." Autumn says to him as mark smiles at her and places a soft kiss on her lips as she smiles at him.

"So how long till you have another one of my kids?" Mark says as Autumn looks at him and shakes her head at his suggestion.

"You've one baby on the way isn't that enough for you?" Autumn says to him as Mark looks at her.

"Yeah but doesn't mean I don't want more children with you. I mean I've always wanted a big family I grew up with Derek seeing him with his family made me want to have a family who were always there for each other and had parents who love them. I don't even want Evie or this baby to feel or go through what I did." Mark says letting autumn see his vulnerability knowing he kept that well buried.

"Your an incredible dad to Evie and she know you love her more than anything and you'll be just as amazing with the new baby and who knows what the future will hold for us but maybe in a couple of years we might have another one." Autumn says as she placed a kiss on marks cheek before going to talk to some of the attending's as he continues to stare at her through the rest of the baby shower.
~
Autumn was reading Evie a story as she was falling asleep as Mark stood at the door watching his two girls with a smile on his face.

Autumn finished the story as she hadn't noticed Mark yet as she kisses Evie's head wishing her daughter Goodnight as she turned to see Mark stood at the door.

"How long have you been there?" Autumn asks him as she smiles at him as he walks into the bedroom.

"Just a little while admiring both my girls.Goodnight sweetheart." Mark says as he kisses Evie on the head as she drifted to sleep.

Autumn shut the door quietly as Mark held out a glass of wine for her as they both sat down on the couch. "You know you haven't really said much about what happens when Callie has the baby." Mark says to her as Autumn looks at him.

"What do you mean?" Autumn says confused by the topic of conversation.

"Things are going to change for me but for us too I just want to know where you head is at with us after the baby comes." Mark says to her.

"Mark things will change for us you'll have another child but this won't change not unless you want it too they'll be more to work through and to work out but we'll do it when we have to do for right now let's enjoy just you and me." Autumn says to him as she kisses him as he kisses her back.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- I can't wait for them to have another baby together. Autumn will be a big part of Sofias life but she'll be more of an auntie figure. Who do you want to see Autumn interact more with?
Hope you liked the chapter🤍