33

Autumn finished up with her appointment before she was paged to one of her patients who need emergency surgery.

Autumn continued to work on her patient as Owen and Richard walked into the O.R. "Dr Montgomery." Owen says as Autumn looked up at him.

"Can I help you with something gentlemen?" Autumn says trying to focus on her patient while both men shared a look.

"We've got a patient and we need you to do his surgery." Owen says as Autumn continued to work.

"I'm not going to be done for another couple of hours. Can they wait or can't you page Altman?" Autumn asks both the men as they remained quiet.

"The patient is Henry. Teddy's husband. And she's needed in another emergent surgery." Richard explains to Autumn as she looks up at him.

"What's wrong with him?" Autumn questioned the surgeons.

"We're thinking he's got a carcinoid tumour. He's bleeding into his lungs and trachea." Richard says to her.

"Wouldn't you be able to do it Dr Webber?" Autumn questions him.

"Not with a laser I've not done this type of procedure before." Webber tells her.

Autumn looks around the room as all of the nurses were looking at her as well as both surgeons. "Get Yang to start she's done it before. She did one last week with Teddy." Autumn says to them.

"It would be too much pressure." Owen tries to argue as Autumn looks at him.

"Dr Hunt she is your wife you are trying to protect her but if Altman believe she can do it then so do I and I will be with her as soon as I'm done with this patient." Autumn says to them.

Owen looked around at all the surgeons who looked at him. He looked back at Autumn an unpleasant look on his face before he gave in walking out of the O.R. "Have you got her Dr Webber?" Autumn asked looking at Richard.

"I have and I'll step in if needed." Richard said causing Autumn to nod in response. Richard went to go prepare for the surgery leaving Autumn to work.
~
Autumn walked into the O.R where Cristina was working on Henry. She held her mask against her face looking at Richard. He shook his head allowing Autumn to know Henry didn't make it.

Autumn felt for Teddy who didn't know her husband had died in the O.R across from where she was working. Autumn looked into the scrub room where Owen was telling Cristina it was Henry who she had operated on.

"You did everything you could Sir." Autumn mumbled looking at Richard who looked away from Henry. His eyes landed on Autumn who held a solemn expression.

Autumn and Richard left the O.R while Owen continued to comfort his wife. Autumn sat on one of the benches outside the scrub room. Her hand instinctively laying on her stomach where her baby was growing.

Autumn had gone to help in the E.R with the victims from the car crash. Richard and Owen had decided it was best for Teddy to remain with the patient since she had done all of the work so far and it was her plan.
~
Autumn sat in the attending's lounge with her eyes closed before she felt someone sat beside her. She opened her eyes slightly seeing Mark sat beside her. Autumn gave him a small smile before shutting her eyes again and laying her head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Mark mumbled pressing his lips against Autumns head while she nod slowly. Her hand found Marks before intertwining her fingers with his.

"I love you Mark Sloan." Autumn said making sure he knew how she felt. She realised there would never be enough time and she would tell him everyday how she felt.

"I love you too." Mark said a small smile while he held her. The two finding comfort in one another trying to block out the event of the night they had just had.
~
Autumn laid on her bed before Mark handed her some food. Autumn sat up while Mark sat beside her on their bed and the two began eating. "Do you have something to tell me?" Mark said causing Autumn to look away from her food and up at him.

"I don't think so." Autumn says as she hadn't planned how to tell him about the baby yet. "Why do you ask?" Autumn said eating some more of her food.

"When I got the money out of your bag something fell out." Mark told her before laying the scan picture between the two of them.

Autumn looked at him not sure what to say to him. "Well there is that I just didn't know how to tell you yet. I only found out a few days ago and I had a scan last night to check everything was fine." Autumn admitted looking at Mark to see how he would react.

"Is everything okay with the baby and you?" Mark asks worriedly while Autumn gave him a small smile.

"Me and the baby are both fine." Autumn told him causing Mark to smile brightly before he leaned over and captured Autumn in a kiss.

"We're having another baby." Mark said happily a huge smile across his face. Seeing how happy he was made Autumn smile back at him.

"We're having another baby." Autumn smiled happily before Mark kisses her again and they celebrated their news.
~
Mark had picked Evie up while Autumn was cleaning the house. Evie and Mark walked through the door before Evie ran and hugged Autumn. "Hey sweet girl." Autumn smiled hugging her daughter.

"Hi mommy." Evie said cheerfully before she headed to found some her toys which she began playing with. Mark wrapped his arms around Autumns waist watching their daughter.

"And soon they'll be three of them running around this place." Mark smiled thinking about Evie, Sofia and their future baby.

"Just like you wanted Mark sloan." Autumn said causing Mark to roll his eyes and press his lips against hers. Autumn chuckled while she kissed him back.