32

Autumn finished doing Evie's hair as Mark walked in holding Sofia. "Hey I've got to get to work is there anyway you can take Sofia?" Mark asks looking hopefully at Autumn.

"Yeah of course." Autumn says taking the baby girl from him and rocking her as she smiled at her.

"Right I will see you later. Love you." Mark says kissing both his daughters before looking at Autumn. "I will try and catch up with you for lunch. I love you." He says pecking Autumn on the lips before heading to his car.

"Right then ladies let's get ready." Autumn says looking at Evie who went to the kitchen to eat her breakfast as Autumn followed with Sofia in her arms.
~
"How are we doing, Dr. Park?" Autumn asks the surgeon.

"Just a few more minutes, and my guy down at U.C.L.A. will have the heart he's been waiting on for over a year. Okay.Let's roll." Dr Park says handing the heart to Autumn.

"Got it.Make sure that connection is secure." Autumn tells Cristina.

"This tube connects directly to the aorta." Cristina says fascinated to which Autumn smiles slightly.

"That's right, and this tube removes waste.Got it." Autumn says attaching the heart to the wires.

"Dr. Park, your hospital's on the line." The nurse calls out to the surgeon.

"Look at that. She's about to catch a flight to L.A.
and not even know she left the body." Autumn says smiling widely.

"Damn it." Dr parks exclaims as the surgeons and nurses look at him.

"What is it?" Autumn questions him.

"My guy arrested.They weren't able to resuscitate." Dr Parks tells her.

"He's dead?" Autumn says to him.

"Damn it." Dr parks says as he leaves.

"It's all dressed up, and no place to go." Cristina says to Autumn as both surgeons share a look.
~
"Looks like Columbia's got a good match who's already consented.We're contacting them now to arrange pick-up, but it will be hours before they arrive.In the meantime, her vitals need to be monitored and lactate levels checked hourly." Autumn tells Cristina.

"Okay, so I'll find an intern to babysit." Cristina says to her as Autumn looks at her student.

"Oh, I, uh, I'm not leaving her with an intern." Autumn says sternly looking at Cristina.

"You're not serious." Cristina says to her.

"Dr. Yang, this is a beating heart in a box.I'm very serious.And you need more time to finish your wish list anyway.Right?" Autumn says looking at the resident. "Page if you need me."
~
Autumn couldn't help but laugh as mark was complaining about Alex being on his service. "You and Avery are what now?" Autumn says smiling trying to hold in her laughter.

"The plastic posse keep up. What's so funny?" Mark questions his girlfriend as she burst out laughing while her eyes begin to water.

"That name and your saying it so proudly. Oh I do love you Mark Sloan." Autumn says as she leans up and kisses Mark.

Mark kisses her back. "You know I've got some free time have you got some free time?" Mark asks taking Autumns hand as he pulled her towards one of the on call rooms.
~
Autumn sat eating her lunch as she looked at Callie. "So you were married to a man?" Autumn asks her.

"Yes his name was George. He died saving a woman who nearly got ran over. Now his super catholic mom is here and I'm married to a women now." Callie says to Autumn.

"You also got pregnant sleeping with your best friend to get over the woman you married." Autumn says as Callie looks at her.

"Hey which one of us got pregnant by Mark when she was drunk." Callie says as Autumn nods at her.

"Touché." Autumn says as both women burst out laughing.
~
Autumn smiled at the sight of her daughter who let go of Marks hand and ran to Autumn. "Mommy!" She exclaimed causing Autumn to pick her up.

Autumn held her daughter tightly as she hugged her and pressed her lips against her head. "How's my favourite girl doing?" Autumn says smiling at Evie.

"I'm fine daddy said we can go get ice cream before I go to Katie's." Evie said while Mark stood looking at the two of them.

"Well aren't you a lucky little girl. I have to get back to work but you be good for Katie's mom. Me and daddy will pick you up in the morning. I love you." Autumn said to her daughter setting her back on the ground before looking at mark.

"Let's get going Evie. I'll see you when I get back." Mark said pressing his lips against Autumns as the two were working the night shift. Autumn waved at the two of them before heading to her appointment.
~
Autumn laid on the bed while the door opened as Callie walked in, giving her friend a small smile. "Sorry I'm late I was just with Mama O'Malley." Callie's said standing beside Autumn.

"It's fine we're just getting started." Autumn said looking at Callie while Dr Chen set up the ultrasound machine.

Dr Chen checked to make sure the baby was fine and checking the measurements. Autumn laid staring at the ceiling while the moments passed. She was pulled from her thoughts when the babies heartbeat echoes around the room.

Autumn turn to look at the screen and smile placed on her lips while she looked at her baby. "A strong heartbeat. The baby is perfectly fine and everything looks good for 12 weeks." Dr Chen told Autumn who smiled at her. "I'll print this out for you." She smiled at the surgeon.

"Your already 3 months pregnant?" Callie said causing Autumn to look at her.

"I'm further than I suspected." Autumn admitted the two women talking about the baby before Dr Chen returned with the scan. Autumn arranged another scan for a few weeks before she was paged to the E.R.