37

Autumn turned over feeling Marks side of the bed was empty as she looked at the clock. The clock read 7:42 as Autumn quickly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

Autumn quickly got ready as she hurried downstairs where Mark was walking through the door. "Why didn't you wake me? Where's Evie?" Autumn said as she hurried into the kitchen before making herself something to eat.

"Evie's at school and I wanted you to rest. You spend hours a day stood up in that O.R and you heard Dr Chen you need to slow down." Mark says rubbing Autumns shoulders as she leaned into his touch.

"I can't just stop doing surgery." Autumn says closing her eyes as mark massaged her shoulders and back.

"I'm not saying you have to that's your decision when your ready. I'm saying take it easy your nearly 7 months pregnant you should be taking it slow." Mark reminded her pressing his lips against her head while she rest the back on her head against his chest.

"I think I'm doing just fine and I need to go I'll see you at work." Autumn said grabbing her breakfast as she pecked his lips before heading to her car.Mark watched her leave shaking his head knowing how stubborn she could be.
~
Autumn sat beside Callie as she finished eating her second doughnut. Callie chuckled at the youngest  Montgomery as she looked at Callie confused. "What?" Autumn asks wiping her mouth with the napkin.

"That's your second doughnut in like 10 minutes." Callie shrugged while Autumn looked up at her.

"This baby is constantly hungry I swear they've already got Mark appetite." Autumn says causing Callie to laugh lightly.

"Sofia is the same she will eat her dinner and still want some of mine or Arizonas." Callie says while Autumn smiles at her.

"Well i should go I'll see you at lunch time if Mark doesn't find me first and give me yet another lecture on taking easy." Autumn says standing up while Callie looks at her.

"He's only trying to look out for you." Callie reminds her as Autumn gives her a small nod before going to her patient.
~
"Can he even take heart surgery?" Morgan says looking at Autumn who was sat beside Arizona.

"He has to. He has a pericardial tumour compressing on his heart.He's decompensating." Autumn explains to her.

"He has a brain bleed.Shouldn't heart surgery wait
till after it's cleared up?" Morgan questions them.

"I wish we could, but it has to happen today." Autumn tells her.

"Hey.So Tommy's hip dysplasia can be treated with a harness.And I brought you a scone since you skipped breakfast." Callie says handing it to Arizona.

"Oh, thank you.Pumpkin. Ew." Arizona complains as Autumn smiles slightly at the couple.

"I'll take it.Eat that." Alex instructs Morgan while the attending watch the two of them.

"Right. Like I can eat." Morgan says to him.

"You didn't eat all night.You're gonna pass out.Just eat it." Alex says to her.

"When, uh, when are you going to do the surgery?" Morgan asks them.

"As soon as he's prepped.Karev will let you know
when we get started." Autumn says looking at Alex.

"Yeah,I'm gonna scrub in, right?" Alex asks them as Morgan cuts him off.

"You just want him to have surgery cause it'll look good for your boards." Morgan says to him as the two continued to flirt.

"I do not.And also I do,but it's gonna be great
for my boards.Look, he's gonna be fine, all right?" Alex says to her.

"He's not scrubbing in.He was up all night." Morgan says to the attending's.

"Oh, shut up." Alex says as he and Morgan leave the conference room.

"Should Karev really be hooking up with the heart-patient intern mom? I mean..." Callie says as Arizona cuts her off.

"What? No, he's not." Arizona said being completely blind to the situation.

"He spent the night.He gave her a scone." Autumn says looking at Arizona.

"You gave me a scone." Arizona says looking at her wife.

"Yeah, I spend the night with you, too, because I'm married to you." Callie reminds her.

"No. No.She's his intern.I mean, he's just... he's...
he's trying to...to be nice, to care.I mean, Alex Karev
is trying to be more human,and I think that we can thank me for that." Arizona says walking away as Callie looks at Autumn.

"They're doing it." Callie says as Autumn chuckles slightly.
~
Autumn sat on the couch after getting Evie down to sleep as Mark walked in. He lifted her feet up and resting them on his legs. He began massaging her feet as she smiled moving some of his hair from his face.

"You know I'm very good at getting what I want. I'm pretty sure I helped Avery score a date hopefully he'll loosen up at bit now. Instead of snapping at all my patients and the nurses." Mark says looking at Autumn who rolls her eye.

"Because that's your answer to everything? Getting laid or getting Avery laid?" Autumn questions looking at Mark who smirks at her.

"I don't hear you complaining only about the fact I've got you pregnant twice." Mark says rolling his eyes while Autumn scoffs at him.

"I do not complain about you getting me pregnant. I complain about you treating me like just a women who is carrying your child." Autumn says to him while Mark presses her lips against hers.

"I'm sorry I just want to make sure your not overwhelmed. I love you for you and I love you even more seeing the mother you are to our daughter and the mother you will be to Junior." Mark says as Autumn smiles at him.

"I love you too. But just trust me that I'll tell you if I need anything." Autumn says wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Okay I trust you. And I'll take you word on whatever you say."Mark smiles at her before she smiles at kisses him.

"Now can you see if we have any pickles or ice cream junior is hungry." Autumn says causing Mark to chuckles before lifting her off his lap and heading into the kitchen to find her food.