19

Autumn was woken up as she heard music playing as she turned to look at her clock as she saw she was late for getting Evie to pre school as she hurried out of bed.

Autumn quickly got changed as she walked out of her room as she saw Evie sat at the breakfast bar as Mark was cooking breakfast. "What's all of this?" Autumn says as she kisses Evie's head and sat beside her as Mark put a plate in front of her.

"This is me making my beautiful girls breakfast." Mark says cheerfully as he smiled at him daughter then at Autumn.

"This is a thing now? How did you even get in here?" Autumn says as she took a bite of her breakfast as Mark studied her face.

"This is a thing now and you gave me a key when you moved in. Now what do you think?" He says as Autumn looks at him.

"It's good I guess you can cook more often but we need to make a move soon." Autumn says as she looks at her daughter.

"Well how about we both drop Evie off together and then we go to the hospital together? I mean we can do that right?" Mark suggests as Autumn looks up at him.

"Yeah I guess we can but we're taking my car it's so much better than yours." Autumn says to him as Mark walks around the island and tickles her.

"It is?" Mark says as he tickles her as she laughs at him as Evie smiles at them both. "I think you should take that back. We don't mess with my car." Mark says as Autumn continues to laugh.

"Fine you win, you win." She says as she catches her breath as mark tilts her head back as he pecks her lips.

"Come on sweetheart let's go get your bag for school." He says as he picks Evie up and heads into her room as Autumn watches them both smiling.
~
"What're you doing?" Arizona said as she walked into the attending lounge as Autumn was reading her magazine as she looked up at the couple.

"Uh...I looked it up. And those caffeine studies showed birth defects in rats.And I'm not a rat, so...Tell her I'm not a rat." Callie says looking at Autumn.

"Let her have..." Autumn says but get cut off as she looks back at her magazine.

"We took a vote." Arizona says to her.

"Yeah, well,I have to fix multiple fractures, Arizona. That's major surgery.OK, so that totally changes
the situation completely.And Mark's not here, so it's your vote against mine... I need caffeine." Callie says as she looks at Arizona and then at Autumn.

"OK. You want caffeine that badly,Calliope, fine.
You're a grownup.You can make your own decisions." Arizona says as Callie nods smiling slightly.

"That's right. So...Damn it! That is not fair.You're not fair." Callie says as she let out a frustrated groan as she walks out.

"For someone who has a history of ambivalence towards motherhood,you got the whole guilt thing down cold." Autumn says as she looks at Arizona.

"I'm entitled to an opinion.I've been left out of too much of the conversation already.And I sure as hell did not choose Mark Sloan to be the father. No offence like.So if I'm gonna do this, then, you know what? I'm gonna have a voice." Arizona says as Autumn smiles at her.

"I say go for it and this baby is very lucky they've got three parents who will love them. And I get the whole thing with Mark. When I got pregnant with Evie I didn't want him in her life it was Addison who told him but he's a really good dad and I wouldn't have raised an amazing little girl without him." Autumn says to her as Arizona smiles at her slightly.
~
Autumn continued the surgery on the baby with Cristina as she looked up at her. "We've got a strong heartbeat.I think she likes her new heart." Autumn says with a small smile on her lips.

"Of course she does. It's delightful." Arizona says as she smiles too.

"All right.Let's take off the clamp, Dr. Yang." Autumn instructs her.

"Why is her blood pressure so low?" Cristina asks as she looks at the monitors.

"There's a low arterial pressure wave.All right, let's check it. Maybe there's a kink in the art line somewhere.Damn it! Turn up the flow.That aorta needs a long diagonal anastomosis." Autumn tells them as she looks at the babies heart.

"That'll take at least 45 minutes."  Arizona says as autumn continues to work as everyone looks at her.

"We don't have that.We've gotta do it in 30, otherwise we're gonna lose her. Scalpel! Clamp it. Start the clock." Autumn instructs them all.
~

"What time do you have, Yang?" Arizona asks her as Cristina looks at the clock.

"Twenty-seven minutes." Cristina says to them as Autumn nods her head and looks up at them.

"OK, I'm ready.Clamp off." Autumn says to Cristina as she looks at the monitors.

"Pressure wave's coming back.Systolic's 57.Sixty.
Sixty-four.Eighty-two." Cristina says as relief washes over Autumn.

"That's it! Yes!" Arizona says as she smiles at autumn who returns it under her mask.
~
Autumn and Mark put Evie to bed as they head out of her room as Autumn grabs two beers as she hands on to Mark.

"Oh no I shouldn't I have drive back to my place soon." He says as Autumns looks up at him.

"Or you could take the beer and have another one and then stay here for the night." Autumn says as Mark looks at her.

"Really? Because this morning you didn't seem to sure on me being here." Mark says to her as she sits on the couch.

"I just don't want things to happen with us if we get together and then we have some messy break up. I love what we have I mean I love having you in my life and I'm in love with you but being parents to Evie has to come first and I don't want anything to change our co parent relationship." Autumn says to him as he sits beside her.

"Or Evie could have her mom and dad together and they can be amazing parents together who love each other. I get what you mean but you've got to give yourself some happiness too Autumn." Mark says as she looks up at him a small smile on her lips as she leaned up and kisses him as he kisses her back.

"Forget the beers." She says as grabs his hand pulling him into her bedroom.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- Hey guys sorry it's been a while since I've posted I've just had little motivation to write but that's done with now and I'm back writing I'll be working out a schedule this time to post to each book at least once a week. Thank you.