GAME HEIST!

A few days later...

"BOOYAH!!!!!! LOOK AT MY HOMEBOY GO!" Justin cheered, swinging his arm playfully over Devin's shoulders.

Rolling his eyes, Devin moved the joystick, barely avoiding a UFO soaring his way. He pressed his finger onto a red button, lasers pouring out of his jumbo passenger jet and disintegrating the UFO.

"You almost cost me my win, man!" He shook his head, peering into the screen and moving the joystick back and forth. With a single swoop of his hand, he reared back, preparing to eliminate the final alien spacecraft. 

Justin was on edge, knawing on the fingernails on his right hand. A bead of sweat was forming on the top of Devin's head. He wiped it away, about to deliver the final blow.

The door to the arcade swung open wide, slamming against the wall and causing everyone to turn their eyes towards the door. 

The same girl, the one from Devin's class, walked in cockily, her hair in a high braid and a smirk adorning her face. She glanced in Devin's direction, blinking, and giving a light chuckle. She was wearing a polo shirt and a black skirt reaching her knees. 

Her arm was interlocked with another girl, who was also eyeing Devin up and down. She had short blonde hair styled in a pixie cut, and she also had the same polo shirt and black skirt. It looked reminiscent of a tennis uniform. 

Devin couldn't tear his eyes away from them, even when the game started beeping alarmingly to let him know he had lost. 

How had he not seen her at tennis before? It felt impossible that he wouldn't notice them.

Devin held his breath as she approached his direction. The two girls were laughing quietly with each other, however, it was obvious that they wanted to approach him. 

"Sorry, darling," the girl with black hair chuckled, her white teeth barely showing through her lips. "I'm Devinie, and this is Allisa," she gestured to her blonde friend. "You know, if I had shown up a second later, you would've beaten my record." 

Devinie winked and crossed her arms. She was so close to Devin and he didn't like the butterfly feeling that was now apparent in his stomach. 

"Well, see you!" Devinie gave a sarcastic wave and spun around, the two exiting the arcade.

"Hey, she wasn't lying man!" Justin yelled, shaking Devin's shoulders and turning him towards the computer.

In shock, Devin looked down at the leaderboard and to his amazement, the username "d3v1n13" was number one position on the board.