The Marriage

Justinian shoved his hands in his coat pockets. It had been five years ago, on this exact day that he had first met Theodora. Now his beautiful, soon to be wife was here in front of him. 

Today was their wedding day. Sam, one of Theodora's good friends was Theodora's first bridesmaid, and Justinian's mother was Theodora's second bridesmaid. Bob was the ring man, as well as the first man and Justinian's dad was the second man. It was a small ceremony, but that's what they wanted, and it would do. 

It was a perfect day outside. Harsh wind trickled through the air and blew the brown specks of leaves away into the distance. The plants rustled with anticipation, and peculiar creatures looked up in wonder at the beautiful woman walking the concrete pathway, soon to be reunited with her almost-husband's arms. 

Just imagining that warm feeling of someone wrapping their flesh around you sparked a happy feeling in Theodora as she stared at the curved mountain that had caught her delicious gaze. It was a tall hill with sharpened rocks surrounding it, causing Theodora's imagination to tingle as she thought of being impaled on one of the rocks.

Shaking her head in distress, Theodora looked forward and never looked back as she ascended the staircase that led to her destiny.

Justinian's solemn brown eyes captured hers as she stared at him and refused to look away, his loving glance electrifying her all the while. Usually she would look away. She couldn't stand looking at his captivating eyes that made the rest of the world dull in comparison, but tonight, nothing else mattered.

As Theodora and Justinian made their way to the stand, they looked lovingly into each other's faces once more. And in Justinian's opinion, Theodora's eyes were flagrant and touched by the sun itself. 

The beautiful array of colors in the sky never ceased to glow upon the two of them during the ceremony, and Justinian knew he would rather have no one else but Theodora.

Not even Kailey.

And Theodora felt the same way.

And so, as they both said yes to the preacher, they dipped their heads towards each other, took the rings from Bob, and kissed, happily ever after, two love birds successfully married with the rest of their lives in front of them.

-

THOMAS POV:

I hope Justinian can see me as I glare at him from afar. He shouldn't have stolen my girl like that. He will be dealing with me later.

My eyes wander around this small, pathetic ceremony. I could have afforded real flowers and a real pastor. I could have afforded more guests and even a ceremony by the lake. But instead, she betrayed me and went after this loser.

What more could I possibly ask for? All I wanted was her hand in marriage, but no. Of course, she couldn't give me that one, itsy bitsy thing.

Well, she made her choice, and I've made mine. Even after five years, my grudge against them is still alive. I will never forget what she did to me. Oh, and trust me, she will learn to regret the choice she made.

It was easy to sneak in here. No one recognizes me, and, of course, I'm so shmexy that no one minds me being there. I notice a hot chick, who I know to be Teresa, Theodora's best friend, and I'm tempted to make a move, but I know I have to deal with this fiasco first. I will put Justinian in his place, I'm sure of it.

It was almost unbearable to see them kiss in front of me. Why the heck are they getting married? Theodora had loved me, and we had been the perfect couple. It should have stayed that way.

"Yo, dude, long time!" Justinian walks over to me, Theodora in tow, and high fives me.

"It's been a while! We should totally keep in touch from now," I say politely. It takes all of my willpower to not be rude to him. He deserves everything coming his way. He deserves to die.

"Oh my goodness, Thomas?" Theodora cries, alarmed, and looks from Justinian to me, then back to Justinian. "Justinian, you didn't tell me you invited him," she warns. Her eyes harsh, she roughly catches his arm and excuses herself, the beginning of an argument immediately beginning to erupt. I watch as they walk away, obviously forgetting about me but the argument still fresh.

There will be many more arguments to come. I'm sure of it.

"Thomas!" My good friend Toby yells, wrapping me in a hug. It's been a long time, I guess. I notice Jackie as well, but she crosses her arms and doesn't close the distance.

"Hey, Toby! Hey, Jackie! The wedding was marvelous, was it not?" I lie, trying to make my grudge disappear. I wish Theodora had chosen me instead of that brat. I can't wait to make him regret every little decision he made towards me. And, Bob and Theodora will pay for what they did to me, too.

They all have it coming.

And I don't care if they will hate me or not.

-

Kailey was angry as heck.

Don't disagree, because it's true.

In fact, she was fuming.

Five years ago, she'd dated Justinian. Sure, it was in secret, and sure, they'd been cheating, but at least Justinian had loved her.

He'd never loved Theodora.

But somehow, Theodora had found about them cheating.

Not only had Kailey been banned from entering the marriage ceremony, but she'd been forced to watch Sam take her place as Theodora's bridesmaid.

Sometimes, life wasn't fair, and sometimes, both your best friend and boyfriend were taken from you.

However, Kailey was determined to repair her broken friendship with Theodora. They should have never let a guy come between them. Especially since they were best friends.

And with that, Kailey ordered something.

Something that would fix her relationship with Theodora for good.

After all, the only thing that could fix their friendship was...

A good ole pizza.