The Secret

Devinie's POV:

I can't lie. Being around him has been difficult. Putting up a facade has been difficult. But necessary. The proper precautions needed to be set up. An overprotective boyfriend. A strong, confident persona. The type to not need anyone. The type to be immersed in your own life just waiting for the perfect guy to make a move.

I want to approach him so bad sometimes. The bond between us is so strong and the worst part is he doesn't even realize that I'm supposed to be the one meant for him... Fate is drawing us together and he's oblivious.

But, I've been instructed to never reveal who we are or who we're from. As of now, I'm Devinie Hal, a normal high schooler who's lived in California all my life. 

I was surprised, honestly. That he came to the competition I mean. Who knew he would have been drawn there. Coincidence? I think not. I think it was certainly an unforeseen draw of fate. And the more he sees of me the more he'll be connected to me.

Oh, there. It's my red hair friend, Cher. She's running down the hallway. "Hey, Cher!" She barely stops to respond, continuing to run.

"HI DEVINIE!"

I nod and pull open the fluorescent red door to enter my class. I brush my long, dark hair behind my ear, displaying my tiny diamond earrings, sitting in the front row at my normal desk. I don't bother to turn around and look for Devin, I usually feel him staring at me from his desk a few away from mine.

However, a few minutes passed. The final bell rang. Still no burning stare into the back of my head. The professor began passing out worksheets, still nothing. Whilst the professor was walking to the other aisles, I turned around, looking backward to Devin's desk. His head was purposely turned towards the ceiling, his cheeks dark red and an awkward smile on his face. He itched his head and turned towards the whiteboard, avoiding my gaze in the process.

I smirked. Was he blushing at me? I wondered what he thought was so attractive about me.

The entire duration of the class passed painstakingly by. I knew the material like the back of my head, and I seized the opportunity to take a slight nap. I was exhausted from all of the activities I was involved in. So much stuff, just to impress a high school guy.

Maybe they were right...

"You're really leaving to go after someone you've never met?"

"You realize he's probably a LOT younger than you."

"You could find someone here."

"What if he finds out?"

"He's never going to understand."

"You're not going to have any help, Vinnie. You're going to be by yourself."

BUZZ! The sound of the bell rung through the classroom, startling Devinie from her daydream. She wished those memories wouldn't come back to her... Shaking her head, she exited the classroom, waiting next to the door for Devin to exit the classroom as well.