Funeral

Devinie focused on the feeling of her interlocked hand with Devin's. His strong fingers interlaced with hers gave her the strength to find the words she didn't have buried deep inside her brain. Without thinking the tears rolled down her cheeks and blurred her vision. Her family had given April the most beautiful funeral she had ever seen. They had buried her deep inside the wondrous garden of Togan. Skimps and white doves flying overhead in peace. Red roses laid on the ground and April was even holding one in her hand. Her sister had been dressed in a beautiful white dress and was laying inside a crystal coffin, her silky brown tresses shining through the clear gem. There was a crown of green vines on her head.

As assistants lowered her sister's coffin into the ground, Devinie cried softly, her tears spilling onto her black dress. A gorgeous funeral fit for a beautiful person. Unsure how she found the strength, words started tumbling out of Devinie's mouth and into the ears of those around her.

"All of my life, April was the best sister you could possibly imagine. Through all things, she was there for me, no matter how small it was. I shared such a strong bond with her and I'll always remember her as my sister," Devinie sniffed. "April, I promise you'll be loved by me for as long as I reincarnate because you shaped my life and you were the best part of it. Somewhere out there I know your mienza is missing a part of their soul and you deserved a love like that. You always did."

Devinie wiped her eyes, falling into Devin's shoulder and watching as Curyan set in the distance, illuminating her sister's final moments until she was covered with dirt. The pale pink skies of Togan made Devinie feel at home again, right with Devin by her side.

After the incident with Jerry where he had tried to kill her, the two had brought Jerry back to Togan to ensure he met the punishment he deserved. Bringing back Devin had definitely resulted in a few stares and gasps, but other than that, Devinie had never been happier. Even with her sister being buried, she knew that's what April would have wanted her.

How happy April would be right now if she saw the two of them together, happy and in love. Devinie was relieved she had kept the promise she made to April and she knew somewhere, April was relishing in the happy ending that was big enough and happy enough for the two of them.

April would be watching her, always. The thought made Devinie smile, causing her to drag Devin away from the sadness of the funeral and into the heart of the garden.

Her now boyfriend smiling at her happiness, the two of them wandered off together, ready to explore Togan and whatever the world had left to offer them.