The Wedding Part 2

Theodora stared around her. She stared at those rows of white chairs. She stared at the pink streamers and sign that said wedding. She stared at a gleeful Thomas who was speaking passionately to one of the men helping set up. She stared at the table full of empty dishes about to be filled with food. She stared at bouquets of flowers being hung from the ceiling and the train of flowers decorating furniture in the room.

Anyone in her place would feel ecstatic right now. After all, she was about to be getting married!

But, not Theodora. None of it felt right. In fact, there was this queasy feeling in her stomach that was not one of nervousness. It was the type of queasy where Theodora wanted to run out of the building and throw herself into another man's arms. 

Why was she even doing this if she wasn't happy? She was the least happy anyone could possibly be at their own wedding. She longed for a different man. Someone she knew she couldn't have but wanted anyway. Someone who she wondered about every day. She wondered why she even wanted him. After all, he hadn't wanted her.

"Ma'am?" A man called over to her from the food table. Delicacies were already being prepared, and the food was almost done being made. 

Could she even do this? Could she even go through with a fake marriage? She had to find out fast before it was too late to go back.

But, deep down in her heart, she knew it to be true. The truth was right there in front of her, and she had refused to admit it until now. Theodora had never truly loved Thomas. That was a fact. She had just tried to love him after all that had happened with Justinian...

"Hey! Everybody stop right now!" Theodora blurted out, her voice shrill and loud as everyone carefully set down what they were doing to look at her. Thomas turned around and raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. 

"Everyone, you need to stop what you're doing right now and go home. Sure, this wedding would be perfect. It has everything I ever wanted except for the person that I'll be marrying. But, I don't love you, Thomas Hwang. I never did," there was a gasp from the audience, and Thomas looked up and squinted harshly.

"Excuse me? Have I not done enough? I've done everything I could possibly do for you! I bought you gifts, I said nice things, I gave you love and support, and I gave you an expensive ring! What more could you possibly want, Theodora?" Thomas exclaimed, looking her up and down in disgust.

"I don't want your pathetic ring, you loser!" Theodora yelled, slipping her ring off of her finger and throwing it on the ground at his feet. "Kiss the ground!" Looking at him one last time, Theodora bolted for the door and pushed it open, landing out in front of the New York pathways. And she knew right where she was going to go.

This time, Theodora would not waste any time just waiting around. Theodora had to make her confession to the one she loved... And she would do it quickly.

5 Minutes Later...

Spotting the apartment complex that she had run out of that one day after falling unconscious, Theodora headed toward it and prepared to walk through the door and into the place where he lived...

Getting into the elevator with the other residents, Theodora tried to recall what floor he lived on. 

Oh yes! Level 5, hotel room 3a.

Landing at the level, she stepped out of the elevator and onto the hallway floor. Looking down the rows of apartments, Theodora spotted room 3a. Inside was a manservant sweeping and changing the sheets of the bed.

"Hello, mister! Do you live here?" Asked Theodora cautiously. She would ask just in case, but the man looked like he worked here because of his badge which had the name Kurtis on it. He had a jaw sharper than a butcher's cleaver and dark black hair hanging over the right side of his face. Looking up, Kurtis smirked. 

"Actually no, I don't. The resident who lives here has actually already left. He handed in his check this morning, but he said he would be giving his notice at the store he works at, in case you know where that is," Kurtis said, and looked at the strange woman. 

"Thanks so much!" Theodora said and ran faster than her legs could carry her towards the elevator.

"You forgot the 'your highness' part!" Kurtis yelled at her down the corridor, but she was already gone. 

Theodora jumped into the elevator and prayed with all of her might that he had not already gotten on a plane and left for California.

When the elevator got to the base of the hotel building, Theodora ran out and headed towards the party supply store. Panting, Theodora flung open the door, and her eyes locked on the one person she wanted to see. With his floppy hair and adorable chestnut eyes, he was the one person she wanted to see.

"I love you, Justinian Koh."