OOOOH He Can Actually Date?

Thomas shoved his fingers in front of his eyes and tried to block his eyes from the couple kissing a few feet away.

Why did things never work out for him? He had had the girl of his dreams right under his clutches, and then she had just slipped away! Like, what the heck? How was that even possible?

It never made sense. This had happened in high school as well when Theodora randomly dumped him for Justinian and then never even told them the truth about them dating. Pfft. He should have known that she was too embarrassed to say that she was dating someone as popular as him.

And, it was the same now. She refused to admit that she could have married a rich and handsome dude if she had allowed herself that pleasure. But, no... Theodora had to go and marry Justinian instead, even though they were already divorced and broken up. Like, what? How could the world do this to him?

Was fate just playing with him? Did destiny like to play with his feelings? He thought they were meant to be together when he started messaging her on Tinder and she had just happened to reciprocate his feelings and give him "another chance". The world was cruel, Thomas knew because the world had taken Theodora out of his clutches and given her to another man.

"Hey... Thomas? You there?" Someone said as he blinked repeatedly to clear his vision. A hand was waving violently in front of his face. As the girl saw that he was paying attention, she glared at him and then crossed her arms. "I don't know if you already know, but Theodora and Justinian are dating again, so back off." The girl, who Thomas knew to be the blonde Kailey, shoved her phone in front of Thomas's glasses, and he looked down. It was a picture of Theodora and Justinian holding hands.

"Well, who do you think she dumped me for? Obviously, she dumped me for Justinian. Now, can you just leave me alone before I get upset? I'm dealing with some stuff right now if you haven't noticed," Thomas said, turning his head so that Kailey wouldn't have to see the tears welling up in his eyes. But, Kailey reached out her hand and grasped his chin.

"Hey, I have an idea. I think I know someone who you actually might like..." Kailey said, grasping his arm and tugging him away, his gloom and all following behind them like a plague. "Here, I'd like you to meet Rosa. Thomas, meet Rosa. Rosa, meet Thomas!"

Standing there was a girl with long black hair hanging to her waist. Her hair was smooth and shiny and gave her pale skin a nice touch. She had bright green emerald eyes, and a pink clip was in her hair. Overall she was completely beautiful. She even had a soft, melodic voice. "Hi, Thomas. Do you want to go out with me?"

-

Theodora smiled gratefully as Justinian took her hand and led her through the crowded lobby in the airport. This was their first trip so far as an "official couple", so it was pretty much a big deal for both her and Justinian. 

And also, she was afraid of heights. But, Theodora refused to let Justinian know this, and let him enjoy the plain flight to their intriguing destination: the Gobi Desert. 

It sounded purely frightening to Theodora. Like, what kind of a vacation place was the Gobi Deseret? It didn't sound fun at all. But, she would try to remain unbiased and give the place a chance. After all, she didn't know it would be bad. After all, she'd never gone there before. So, Theodora would attempt to give the Gobi Desert another shot. Maybe it'd be fun! Who knows?

Hearing a buzzer sound over the loud-speaker and a flight attended saying Flight 103a was boarding, Theodora latched onto Justinian's arm harder. Her stomach suddenly felt queasy, and she thought she was going to throw up. Her stomach was doing flips and summersaults, and she thought she was either going to faint or fall over. Neither was appealing, but Theodora knew she was going to be sick.

"Justinian... is now the best time to say I'm afraid of heights?" Theodora said, looking up at him with her glistening eyes. Justinian grimaced, and dragged her away from the loading zone, and Theodora instantly loosened up.

"Babe, you should have just told me! We could have done something else, you know!" Justinian said, shaking his head and looking back at the entranceway to the plain.

"You know what, Justinian? Let's go on the plane! I don't care about my fear of heights! Let's try something new for once," Theodora said and ended up dragging Justinian's arm to the plane.

"Tickets please!" The flight attendant said and held out her hand for their tickets. Theodora smiled gratefully and looked down at the plastic card on the flight attendant's shirt. In swirly cursive, Theodora recognized the name as Casey.

"Thank you, Casey!" Theodora said and walked down the alleyway and onto the plane. Their plane seats were numbers 14a and 14b. There was supposed to be someone sitting in 14c. Hopefully it wasn't some creepy dude.

Sliding down the row, Theodora turned her head and looked out the window. She was excited, but yet nervous to take flight. She felt a hand being place on hers and squeezed it. Looking over, she expected to see her sweet honey Justinian.

But, no! It was that tall man named Devin, and his bird Coco's foot was laying on Theodora's hand...