Ain't Decisions Tough?

KAILEY'S POV:

I've never been the type of person who likes to meet new people. I avoid that kind of thing, but of course, I can't say no to meeting my best friend's boyfriend. How could I not accept?

Afterall, it'll be the perfect excuse to make fun of her.

To be honest, I'm surprised that she's already moved on from Thomas. She's told me all about the fight between him and "Justinian", her new boyfriend, but I can't believe she already gave up that jerk! She was so into him a few weeks ago, and now she has a new boyfriend. Frankly, I can't say that I'm surprised, since Thomas is a jerk and all, but part of me feels like this may be a little unhealthy...

But, I say nothing when she finally grabs my arm and tows me away from my other friend group and towards... who knows!

And, I'm not expecting much. Afterall, it's Theodora. Most guys won't be willing to take in all of her excess talking, her crazy remarks, or her general personality. But, Theodora is extra special, and I hope she never changes her unique self for anyone.

"Kailey, meet Justinian! Cecile, meet Justinian! Justinian, meet Kailey. Justinian, meet Cecile," Theodora shouted ecstatically, her voice getting higher and higher with every breath of air. Looking at me with a raised eyebrow, Theodora reaches out her pale hand and points upwards. But that's when everything else fades away because I realize I'm standing in front of the most handsome guy I've ever seen.

The guy in front of me is Asian with gorgeously tanned skin, big brown puppy dog eyes, and a tall form. He has the sleek black hair that goes upward in a wave, and he has a skinny face which is a plus. He leans on one side of his body, and I can't help but notice as he stares at me too, both of us enchanted by the other. Justinian is so dang hot, and my heart starts to flutter as he reaches out his hand for a handshake.

"Hey, Kailey. It's great to finally meet Theodora's best friend," Justinian utters as he shakes my hand with great force, never ceasing to stare at me.

He's so cute that I can't help but blush as I look down and avoid his entrancing gaze.

And Theodora is obviously upset by the amount of attention Justinian is giving me. She huffs, folds her arms, and glares at Justinian as I look over at her angry demeanor.

Could I really do this to my best friend? Could I really begin to have feelings for the guy that held Theodora's heart?

A sudden devastation seizing control of my heart, I spit out a quick, "goodbye" and rush off, the intimidating stare of Theodora following me as I run away from the guy that I had just began to love.

-

Dang Bob. If Bob had never announced their relationship to the public, then it'd be easy to crush Theodora's heart, thought Justinian as he moped around the crowded courtyard.

It was lunch break, and Theodora had finally let him off the hook after meeting her friends. She was a bossy one to say the least, and as some of his friends started clapping him on the back for getting a girlfriend, he couldn't help but feel regret for asking her out. Why had he started things so soon? Why had he held her hand in that detention class?

Those thoughts plagued Justinian's mind as he continued to await anxiously for the next class. He'd never wanted to go to the next class, but right now, Justinian just needed a boring professor to lull him to sleep. He didn't need college, he didn't need to know about Albert Einstein, and he definitely didn't need to listen to the rules of the Hero's Journey in English.

"Man, you officially beat me!" Toby groaned as he shuffled over to Justinian and put his arm on his shoulder. "I really thought I could have gotten a girlfriend before you! Now, why don't you tell me about her?"

The last thing Justinian wanted to do was talk about her. The first thing he wanted to do was break up with her.

"I don't know, Toby. I think we're gonna break up soon, anyway. I sorta felt pressured into all of the dates to begin with," Justinian said honestly, and wiped some sweat off of his hairy brow as he waited in anticipation for Toby's response.

"Eh, its okay, dude. That happens sometimes, and if you feel uncomfortable you should tell her. Unless, of course, this is all because of another girl..." Toby piped up, gleaming when Justinian's cheeks turned cherry red with embarrassment. "Dude, I knew it! What's your girlfriend's name, and what's the new girl's name?"

Turning his head to the side so that he wouldn't have to face Toby's excited face, Justinian whispered, "Theodora and Kailey. They're both freshman, and they happen to be best friends."

"Oh no," Toby groaned, and threw his face in his empty hand. "Maybe the best thing to do would just be to... you know, cheat on her?"

Stunned, Justinian raised his voice to a crazy level. "Are you crazy? You know how big of trouble I'd be in if I was caught?" 

Ducking his head and beginning to whisper, Toby said, "Dude, chill out! I'm just saying that if you don't want to harm your girlfriend but still want to date this Kailey girl, then you're gonna have to cheat. There is no way around it, and once your done dating this girl then you can just dump her but still be with it Theodora! Easy peasy!"

But little did they know that an astonished Theodora was stalking them from behind a lunch bench and was recording their entire conversation...