ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME, BABE???

Thomas smirked as he slid his phone out from under his pants pocket. He was heading back to New York after an extended stay with his totally sick mom. Like, she wasn't even that sick. She only had a high fever of 108, bone cancer, and a broken skull after falling down the stairs. But like, dude. What was the problem, here, anyway? He missed his date for this!

Gosh. His mom had no respect for other people. She'd be better in like 5 hours. Tops. 

But for now, Thomas was heading back to New York. It had been over a month since he was in New York, and Thomas missed his beloved. This time, he would not wait. He had bought a custom wedding ring here in China. According to the jeweler, it had been made during the time that the Great Wall of China was being built. And, it had one of the smallest, but prettiest diamonds Thomas had ever see. 

When he got back, Thomas would propose. And then, his goal would be complete. He would have married his high school sweetheart and given revenge on Justinian. He was going to kill two birds with one stone. And then, Thomas would finally be content. 

Besides, he knew without a shadow of a doubt that Theodora would agree to his proposal. After all, who wouldn't? He was rich, impossibly handsome, and caring. Who would say no to that?

Theodora Williams stood behind the counter of her bakery, asking for orders, taking money, and handing out desserts, pastries, and more. Looking upwards, she blushed as she saw Justinian cutely staring at her, his baguette in his mouth and his floppy hair barely shielding the intent gaze he was giving her. Looking away, embarrassed, Theodora continued to serve customers. It was one of the biggest days of the month, she figured. Theodora hadn't gotten sales like this in a while. Sure, her store was always busy, but never like this. Not in the afternoon anyway. 

But, she was sure it was because of Justinian. Ever since he started showing up to her bakery for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the crowds had started coming in. Mostly 20-30-year-olds, she noticed. Most of them stared at Justinian all the while, trying to get him to notice them. But, Justinian was always preoccupied with trying to get Theodora to look at him. But, she wouldn't. Nor could she, even if she wanted to. Sales were coming through the roof, and she couldn't take a break.

Hearing a vibration in her back pocket, Theodora raised an eyebrow. Who was texting her now? All of her contacts knew she worked all day, so it must be something important. Calling over her associate chef, Timothy, she ushered him to take the counter. She usually never hired associate chefs because she liked to assure her customers that she was the only one making the food, however, the business had gotten so busy lately, and this kid was very, very interested in being a baker himself. How could she say no to that?

Looking down at her Samsung, she saw a message from Thomas, her boyfriend. Theodora's heart skipped a beat. She was so excited she could barely breathe. It read: My love, I am dearly sorry I have not contacted you within this month. My mother was not doing very well. I will tell you about it when I get back. She has allowed me to come back home to you for the time being. She can sense my deep love for you, and she says that it is more important to her that you become mine before you can run away into heaven, like the angel you are. Can I meet you tonight, at 7, in your cafe? Dress nicely, and don't bother cooking. I will bring us the best sushi from my favorite restaurant. Yours forever, Thomas Hwang.

Theodora put her hand against her chest and sighed happily. He was finally coming back. She could get rid of Justinian forever, and she could go back to her regular life as if he had never come here.

Theodora felt a pang in her heart but ignored it. Why should she give him a second chance? He hurt her. He hurt her bad, and nothing, nothing could ever change that.

But hopefully, Thomas would never find about her little dates with Justinian or that kiss they shared...