WHAT IS LOVE, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more (like the song haha)

Justinian squinted his eyes in distaste as Kailey hung up the phone. It was strange of her to be calling him, at all. And, Theodora could handle herself. Besides, why would Justinian willingly go help her? It wasn't like he liked her or something...

And, what if Thomas wasn't actually bad? Maybe he had good intentions. After all, in high school, he had been Theodora's long-standing crush before Theodora had met Justinian. Thomas probably just wanted to have another chance with her. Theodora was a beautiful, smart, and funny single lady. What guy wouldn't try to date her?

Shaking his head, Justinian cleared his thoughts, and stepped into the elevator on his apartment floor. He was wearing a perfectly tailored black suit with a white tie. His dark brown hair was wavy and was hanging over his eyes, as per usual. Justinian was also carrying a black briefcase, which made him look extremely professional and important. Nobody would mess with him, or bother him now.

And then...

Justinian stepped off of the elevator, and an old woman with light gray locks rammed right into him, spilling her blue raspberry smoothie all over his suit. Justinian screamed, an angry scream but also one of frustration and fear. He hated weird liquids touching his precious skin. Like, who knew what was in that smoothie? Probably iguana guts and radioactive moon dust.

"What's your problem?" Justinian asked angrily, glaring down at the old woman, his face reddening as the silence continued.

"Mistore, I hamm pherry sworry," the old woman said in her rusty Swedish accent. Whatever. Justinian would have to go on. Luckily, he had an extra suit in his briefcase for emergencies. He took the new suit out of the briefcase and left the briefcase there as he went to change.

Going into the restroom on the first floor, Justinian took off his blue raspberry smoothie-covered suit, and changed into his new suit. He smiled cheekily, his white teeth gleaming. Nobody could stop him now. 

Then, as he stepped outside of the bathroom, a man with a red and dark blue parrot started walking towards the drinking fountain. But that malicious, prankster bird had other intentions. Flying off of the man's shoulder, the bird landed on Justinian's shoulder and pooped. 

That's right. The bird had pooped on Justinian's newest suit.

"Oh my! Coco! What a bad bird! I'm sorry man," the random guy said and plucked the bird 'Coco' off of Justinian's suit. Justinian really felt like crying, but he needed to be a big boy and keep going. Thank goodness he had a third suit in his briefcase for emergencies. 

Justinian strutted towards the center of the base floor where he had set down his briefcase. He looked all around the floor, but it was gone! Had someone really stolen his third suit? Hmph. Today was already a terrible day. 

Justinian clenched his hands tightly and walked towards the elevator. He still had time to get redressed and to pack a new briefcase. But, as he entered the elevator, a little kid like three-foot tall started laughing at him.

"Mommmmmy, that guy has poop on his costume!" The kid laughed. Suddenly, thirteen more kids just randomly entered the elevator and started mocking Justinian as well. They would not stop laughing.

"Look at this guy!"

"Man, this dude really do wanna make an entrance tho."

"Your outfit sucks!"

"Do you know how dumb you look right now?"

"I can't believe this guy couldn't even control his bladder."

"What's your mom gonna say when she sees this?"

"Once your wife sees this, you will get divorced."

"SHUT UP!" Justinian yelled, his face flushed and red hot. As the kids heard this, they started crying and ran to their parent's sides, each parent looking up in return, fuming.

10 minutes later...

Good riddance. Justinian was glad to get off that elevator, but he left with more damages than before. His face was puffed up from a beating, and he had a black eye and a bloody nose. He wasn't sure if his jaw was broken. No way would he be able to attend this press conference and no way would he get to go on an expensive business trip to oversee a technical business deal with the president.

"WHY!" Justinian screamed out the window, and collapsed on his neatly made bed, crying.