Chapter Five

10 years later.

I watched as Riley held the gun. She looked threw the scope then back at me. This was the biggest deer yet. I glanced in my scope to make aim on the deer.

Just in case she missed it.

"Do it." I whispered.

The gun immediately went off. We both cheered when the deer fell.

"Look! Look! It's running! The deer got back up!" She yelled chasing behind it.

We followed the trail of blood.

"It couldn't have gone that far out." I reassured her.

Send Riley home.

Ava said. I looked at Riley as she focused on the trail.

Now? I asked her.

Yes, Now.

"Riley you go home and rest up. I will continue looking." I told the girl.

She sigh,"Mom wants me home?"

I nodded,"We can clean it together when I make it back."

She disappeared as I followed the trail. The blood stopped. I didn't see any footprints or the deer itself. What the hell?

I continued walking, looking around for any signs of blood.

"You are a hard person to find."

I turned around, Jordan stood watching me with the deer floating in her hands.

I smiled and pulled her into a hug,"You didn't call out for me."

She had on all black. Her red highlights were in the front of her head. Same as mines.

"It's been 10 years Sam. I've missed you." She said hugging me tighter.

My heart warmed,"I missed you too."

"Miss me enough to come home?" She mumbled.

I laughed,"I don't know, I enjoy it here."

She pulled away,"I know. They should come with you. You have to see how things have changed since you left."

"What do you mean?"

If she just now finding me how do she know these things.

"I can tell the future. One of my gifts." She smiled.

I felt Ava presence behind me and turned around. She stared at Jordan with a big smile on her face.

"Hey, I'm Jordan. But I have a feeling you already knew that." She said laughing sticking her hand out.

Ava quickly shook her hand,"I'm Ava."

"Already Dad? I'm glad you found happiness again."

She doesn't like me. Ava groaned inside of my head.

I rubbed my hands on my pants,"We're not together Jordan."

Only sex.

Oh. Ava said.

"I know."

She smiled at Ava again,"I was just telling Sam how great it would if she came back, with you and your kids. I already have a house for the both of you, Of course its the biggest house since dad started the community and all..."

"It does sound nice." Ava told her.

"I will let you know Jordan."

She pulled me into a hug,"I missed you so much! I just about don't want to go home but duty calls. Nice meeting you Ava, you as well Riley."