Someone is on his period.

I made the team. I actually made the dance team. That is honestly freaking insane. Adrenaline coursed through my body as I stared at the list that held my name. I was among four other girls who made the team.  It was on the bulletin for everyone to see. I can feel the anxiety fighting with the adrenaline. However, right now I was too happy for my own good. My mom was captain of her own dance team. She and my dad met at one of her competitions. He was scoping out hot girls and in his words "he ended up marrying the hottest girl there". Quite the romantic he is.

            The hallway around me bustled as people either celebrated acceptance or felt defeated. I am glad I was doing the former rather than the latter. Watching carefully I smiled as a girl stepped up to the list and almost screamed from joy. I held onto my backpack almost jumping out of my skin. I needed to tell Nile. Wait hold on what did I just say? Shaking off the thought that just invaded my mind. I guess I have to tell dad and Lex. I couldn't wait to see the look on my dads face. It could go two ways he could be really happy, or really nostalgic.

            "Can I start calling you my tiny dancer?" He asked.

            "You can't call me your anything." I said almost cringing at the question.

            "Aww come on Manuela. Is that any way to talk to your homecoming date?." Marco said falling in step with me as I made my way to the English class where I had to be in a group with this loon.  I think he forgot that we got into an argument about him calling me his. I ended spending most of that night with Nile anyway. I just nodded trying to cut this conversation short.

            "Hey you two in your seats now!" Mr. Walsh yelled. Someone is definitely on his period. I am a firm believer in men having a time of the month. The normally loquacious classroom was deadly silent. Marco and I exchanged looks of confusion before rushing over to our group. Well only Sasha was there. Man I hope Nile doesn't walk in in the middle of what may be a long lecture.

            "Okay students, I am sick and tired. Would you like to know why I am sick and tired?" Mr. Walsh asked. No one answered.

            The rest of the class went on without a word from the students, and a long lecture from Mr. Walsh. The bell finally set us all free. We spent about five minutes working on our actual project. Mr. Walsh was apparently butt hurt over his online reviews. I mean who actually rates their teachers.

            "Okay Manuela I think we should switch roles." Sasha said as we packed up our stuff.

            "What are you talking about?"

            "I think I should work with Nile. He and I are talking. I think it would be for the best that him and I work together." Everything in my mind was screaming "how about no you hoe" But instead I just nodded.

            "Miss DeVoux can you drop this off to Mr. Austin. He is evidently under the weather." Mr. Walsh asked.

            Can I victory dance in front of Sasha right now? Please.

            Never taking my eyes off Sasha "Sure Mr. Walsh". Grabbing the paper work and my bag I was out with a little pep in my step.

            The drive home was quick and the sound of the 1975 filled the silence. I sang along loudly to the music. Dad's car was blocking the driveway so I had to park on the street. I guess he wasn't staying home too long.

            "Dad!" I screamed. My voice echoed throughout the house. Cookie came round the corner. He jumped around me. Lifting him up into my arms. I kissed the top of his head. He nuzzled into my neck.