Give Me the Twinkie

Manny's P.O.V

 Rolling my eyes at the scene that has just unfolded before me, I enter the empty house. I haven't seen Lex in a few days, but it felt like the perfect time to catch up with her. I missed my friend.

"Hey! What are you up to?" I asked as she answered the phone on the third ring

"That depends my dear friend why are you calling?" Lex said with a hint of sneakiness in her voice.

" I was calling to ask you to come over."

"Okay, well then I am out side."

Pulling the curtains aside I looked and sure enough there was Lex's car in the driveway. Her hair pulled into a messy bun and she wore loose joggers. Opening the door I ran and greeted her by jumping on her. She rolled her eyes before hugging me back. We laughed for a moment and all of a sudden how much a truly missed her became evident. Lex and I use to spend almost every afternoon with each other. She practically lived here.

" You are so lucky that Jesus loves you." She said bumping my shoulder.

Laughing, "What do you mean?"

" I was literally outside your house because I was coming to yell at you and that's when you came to your senses and invited me over."

"So you were here to yell at me ?"

" Let the past be the past my darling. " She said walking in the house and dropping her bag at the door. Yea this was definitely Lex's house more than mine. We sat and she filled me in about what's been happening with her for the past few weeks. It was crazy how much I missed in her life.

" So when exactly were you going to tell me about you and Chris being a thing?" I asked shoving a handful of popcorn in my mouth.

" Eww I hate that word "thing"." She rolled her shoulders to emphasize her disgust. " We are simply talking to get to know each other. You know I don't have time for the nonsense." Lex said smiling wildly at me. "So what about you and silently sexy, are you guys a thing?" She mimicked me.

The question didn't catch me off guard I'm just surprised that she waited this long into the conversation to ask. Lex was one of the few people who could read me like a book. I was probably a children's book, I think I am super easy to understand. I wonder what the title would be. Maybe it would be "the chronicles of Manny". Oh I like that.

I yelped out from pain as Lex's finger connected with my side. "Earth to Manny!"

"Sorry, sorry. Umm I don't know what we are." I said honestly

"What happened after the night I dropped him off here?"

For the next hour and a half I told Lex everything that has happened between Nile and I. I didn't tell her about the things Nile told me since it was obviously his story to tell. I watched her face as I told her about the kiss or kisses, which earned me a gasp and a dangerous glare.

"you lose your lipinity and I don't get not even a text? Strike one." Lex said arms crossed lips pulled into a tight line.

"Lex what in the hell is lipinity?"

" Its like virginity but for your lips. Don't ask me to explain myself when all the explanations should be coming from you." Lex looked me straight in the eyes. Honestly Lex was the type of person no one should cross. She was tiny and looked like your typical blonde, but she was far from it. I swear she was probably an MMA fighter in a past life. I've never seen here physically fight someone, but by the time she finishes her verbal combat with them they don't even want it. Even though I knew she was just joking with me I knew my friend well enough to know she could and would go zero to hundred in the blink of an eye. I sat staring at her with my feet tucked under me I had no idea how long we just looked at each other before we both busted out laughing.