That Blush on Your Cheek

I didn't touch her; I didn't want to sway her decision in anyway. We have only been standing here for a few seconds but it felt so much longer. It felt like we were silent forever. Neither of us made any moves to break it. The beating of my heart was echoing in my ears. Damn it. I sound like a girl. We were a few inches away from each other and everything in me wanted to grab her. The wind rustled through the trees and I shivered a bit both from the cold and the nervousness in the pit of my stomach. I watched as Manny hugged herself tightly as if trying to keep warm. Unzipping my jacket I put it around her shoulders. An annoyed look took ownership of her face for about five seconds before she pushed her arms through the sleeves. Leave it to this girl to get mad when I do something nice for her. I wanted to laugh, but the nerves were preventing me from doing so.

Right now time was ticking by. Painfully slow. Slipping her bottom lip into her mouth she chewed on her bottom lip. She was as nervous. I couldn't help but be happy because of that. I made me feel important to know that I did something to her. We probably looked crazy to those who passed by.

"You still haven't explained to me exactly what you're asking me." She said with a slight smile playing at her full lips. I just wanted to kiss them until they were swollen. I wanted to let my lips say the words I couldn't quite formulate. She looked up at me through her lashes. Man she knew how to wrap people around her finger. I wonder if she knew the power she has. She would be the girl to make me spell it out. Looking down at her I smiled brightly. It's crazy that before her I couldn't remember the last time I had genuinely smiled. The last time I was uninhibitedly happy.

"Manuela, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked in plain and simple words this time. There was no way she could argue her way around that. However, knowing her she would probably still try to get around my question to be annoying. Scratching my neck I tried to hide the nervousness that was coursing its way through my body. The thing about this whole situation is that even though I feel like she might say yes Manny never ceases to amaze me or surprise me. So this could honestly go either way. Studying her face I watched as her bottom lip again slipped into her mouth. Chewing it slowly her eyes bore into mine. They held an emotion a couldn't decipher.

"I would love to." She said quietly and if I weren't as close to her as I was I wouldn't have heard her clearly. As soon as the words reached my ear I reached for her. The sense of belonging, a feeling I had been deprived of, hit me at the connection. Picking her up I lifted her into the air ignoring the sharp pain that ricocheted on my back. I didn't care right now. Right now all that mattered was this beautiful girl agreeing to be mine. I put her down and with in moments I crashed my lips down on hers. She responded immediately to the kiss moving her lips against mine with the same amount of fervor. This kiss was not gentle it was everything. I pulled her closer without breaking the kiss. I hoped I wasn't holding her to tightly but I couldn't help it. Her body was flush against mine. The fact that oxygen is a necessity is the only thing that forces us apart. Pulling away from me she rest her head against my chest both of us breathing heavily.

"Hey you finally got to kiss me when I was awake." She said in between deep breaths. Leave it to her to break the moment. Laughing I looked down at her but she wasn't looking at me. She stared at passing cars. Her eyes followed them down the street until they were too far away. There was a peaceful look on her face. Moving closer in she wrapped her arms tighter around my waist. She held on as if I would disappear if she let go. "So what exactly does my grounding include?" Manny asked looking up at me this time. Resting her chin on my chest she looked up at me her eyes seemed to be searching my face.

"That's something you need to ask your dad."

"Before or after we tell him about what you just asked me?"