Homecoming

The parking lot filled up quickly as soon as the game ended. Everyone is shouting and screaming about the win. The guys are chest bumping and the cheerleaders are still doing cheers. The loud noise filled the air. Orange and white is seen everywhere since those are our school colors. I would honestly hate to be the other team in this mass of chaos. Everyone was jumping around filled with excitement.

"Hey study guide you haven't checked up on me lately." I didn't need to turn around I already knew who it was. He spoke quietly but his voice had an effect on me. I kept my face controlled as much as I could.

"Aww are you saying you miss me?" I ask with a sudden burst of confidence.

"I'm not saying anything." He replied his hands in his pocket as he looked down at me. I rocked nervously on my heels. When the crap did I become such a punk.

"Are you excited about homecoming tonight?" He asked changing the subject.

"Not really, but you didn't hear that from me."

"You're going to look beautiful." He mumbled but I caught it. The goofiest smile took over my face. I chose not to respond because I didn't want him to stop talking.

"Manuela!"  Marco screams before I can respond to Nile. I shoot him an apologetic smile and he shrugs.

" Hey Marco!" I reply.

 We had about four hours to get ready for the dance, and my hair alone would use up a huge chunk of it. To my surprise Marco grabs me and pulls me in for a hug. His arms wrapped tightly around me. It's actually not awkward which is what surprises me the most. I am in shock until he screams "Woo" in my face.

"We won!" He shouts.

" I know! Congratulations." I pull away from him.

"I'm going to head home with Lex so you can go celebrate." He nods not completely listening to me. He lets go of my hand and rushes over to a cheerleader.  He lifts her into the air and spins around. I watch as she giggles loudly and rolled my eyes.

"Manny lets go. Its time to get all dolled up. This is going to be so much fun." Lex said smiling widely at me. We head over to the car and pull away from the craziness that was our school.

We arrive at my house and unload all of Lex stuff from the car into the house. She had her makeup kit, dress and jewelry with her. We raced up to my room and laid everything out on the bed. I felt like a four year old playing with their mom's clothes. Pushing away the sadness that threatens to rise up I change into clothes I was willing to get messy. We put on the movie "10 things I hate about you" and Lex started on my hair.

"Lex why didn't anyone ask you?" I ask because my best friend it beyond gorgeous. I never understood why more guys didn't fall for her.

"I did get asked, but no one met my standards." She said as she pulled the flat iron through my hair.

" Your standards?"

"Manny you know I'm a prize not just any boy gets to talk to me."

"Teach me oh wise one." I joked.

"I will, now stop moving so I can finish your hair without burning you."

My hair was straightened and pinned up with an hour and thirty minutes left to spare. I did Lex's make up. She wanted a dramatic look since her dress was simple. I curled her hair and she was good to go. I finished getting ready pairing my dress with black stilettos.

"Man you look hot." I say as Lex walks out

"Thank you, thank you."

With our purses in hand we looked at the mirror once more before heading downstairs. I was excited just to go out in this dress. Dad held a camera in his hand waiting at the bottom of our stairs.