Prologue

Rex Caligo's slumber was peaceful and quiet. He was floating in the dark void of sleep, drifting into space, unconscious. However, his body was unaware, cold and unmoving on the marble slab.

That was his situation two months ago. His peace would have continued for approximately three more decades, until he was unwillingly awoken by an unknown force. The deep underground lair of this ancient creature has never been disturbed, not even the mightiest earthquakes have managed to do so.

Once he emerged from the darkness, he became a wandering figure. The mountains were no stranger to him, the green of the trees were familiar. So the real disorientation started as soon as he spotted the peaks of symmetrical, square structures from afar. He let the shadows engulf him, curious, as he stepped out of the place where the shadows let him out.

The soft pillowy soil he was standing on drastically changed into the sturdy and pale concrete. What ticked him off was the complete absence of nature. The air felt so tainted, it actually managed to make his lungs hurt. As a non-human being, he does not exactly have the need for functional organs, but as a Creation, it functioned as such.

The world does not feel the same as I remember. But I am glad that it has more...freedom to it.

The time he went into deep slumber, it was the New Year's of the 1950s. He felt assured that after the War, he could finally start his hibernation. It was supposed to last for a hundred year, yet here he is now, awake and eyes gazing at the people hurrying around the place.

What could have awoken me? No doubt the human race requires my assistance once more.

His tall imposing figure should have drawn the attention of the passersby already, the form that he had chosen stood at a proud 6'5 feet, He always used to tower over everyone, even the young men who had grown out of their teen years. He remembers how it used to bother the General at the military branch he used to assist.

Shigeru, are you still alive? Has your fiery will finally got passed down to your descendants?

He should have put more value towards his dear friend. But alas, the situation that the war had put the human race back then was less, of course, joyous. But in his memories, it did not stop the young fighters to have a couple of laughs over their "dinner".

"Mommy, look!"

A sharp cry snapped him out of his thoughts. His attention always seems to drift back to when he was awoken. The last time he had woken up from his hibernation, it took him only a month to gather his bearings, get familiar with the place and have the answer as to exactly why he had woken. By then, the land he resided in had completely changed, there were foreigners on the land and he could feel the suffocating tension between the people.

I should not dwell on those memories anymore.

That era completely drained him, people died, innocents even. He hoped that this world would greet him with much more peace and joy. But he knew that it would not be that case, he could feel it. The stench of an evil energy in the air. He was not always involved in Curses. He knew how difficult it was to deal with Sorcerers.
One even had the gall to excuse him from a fight, saying something along the lines of handling it.

Fine, then. Go fight Ryōmen Sukuna by yourself.

His jaw clenched at that reminder, had the arrogant sorcerer let him have his way with the malevolent Curse, he would not be here, hiding in the shadows because he can sense his spirit. That would mean that Ryōmen Sukuna is not entirely dead. Fools.

Then he felt it, a pull from an incoming danger, dangling right next to him. The danger was not to him, but it was towards the young boy. The one who called for his mother's attention. He was leaning over the pond, if he could guess correctly, the water would probably be around four feet deep. Rex Caligo sighed and turned to face the direction of the mother and the kid.