Chapter Eight

"It is somewhere in what you call today Samagihara."

"Wait, really?"

Akatsuki sighed from his position at the back seat of the car. Gojo wasn't looking at him at all while he addressed him. Megumi sat on the other side of the seat beside the window in silence.

"I didn't gather enough information on the location. I did see that the energy pulsed from an empty building. It is most likely abandoned." He provided. Gojo only hummed and left silence after that.

"Why did you bring your student, Gojo? I thought that the two of us are supposed to be working together for this." He broke the silence as he asked.

"You're that eager to be alone with me, Tsuki? Cute." Gojo replied uselessly with that shit eating grin on his face.

Akatsuki frowned at this in annoyance and clenched his fist.

"No, you brat. When will you answer questions normally?" He hissed with narrowed eyes.

"Brat?! I can't believe this!" Gojo sat straighter on his seat and turned around dramatically towards them.

Megumi rolled his eyes and answered his question instead.

"Gojo-sensei wanted me to experience a mission second hand first before I go on my own." Megumi monotonously told him.

"Yeah, having you in this mission to spectate is wise. Considering that not only you're with me, but also with Akatsuki, you'll be perfectly safe!" Gojo said and turned back to his seat.

"Give or take a couple more months then you'll be on your very own mission. I'm a busy man, so who knows maybe I'd let you fill my place with Akatsuki instead!" The two didn't know if Gojo was being serious with them or just jesting, whichever it is it made them roll their eyes.

"I can tell you the directions, but the building is somewhere near Mount Oyama, it is not too far from the residential areas." Akatsuki directed his statement towards the man in the driver's seat, Ijichi, was his name.

"Uh, yes!" Ijichi meekly replied.

"Anyway, we might as well be going blindly because you haven't told us an exact address, what's it look like there?" Gojo asked him.

"The building was too worn down for me to distinguish anything, but it had a sign that says 'Aeon'." Akatsuki replied while gazing out of the window.

"Oh! It's a mall. It got abandoned because of too many cursed activities, we listed it off because the residents near it also moved out so we lost our Windows in that area." Gojo rambled on then sighed.

"We won't have to travel far then, we'll be there in an hour." Ijichi cut in while tapping something on the middle of the car that had a screen in it.

Megumi leaned back into his seat and closed his eyes. Akatsuki glanced at him then at the sorcerer at the passenger seat. He could just slip into the shadows and get on with it already, so then he wouldn't have to idle away for an hour just for them to retrieve the finger quickly.

"Were you able to see if there were any curses in the area, Tsuki?" Gojo suddenly broke the silence.

"A Grade 1 maybe. There wasn't a lot there, nothing that we cannot handle." Akatsuki mindlessly replied, voice monotonous and bored.

"I'll let you handle it then." Gojo replied.

What is the point of you coming with me then. "Busy man" he says.

Akatsuki held that thought in as he just let it go. Gojo was bound to dismiss their future missions if this continues. This only confirms his accusations that whatever agreement he had with the officials a few days ago was all but for the sake of appearances. He sighed quietly, annoyed and in disbelief.