Chapter Twenty-Four

The heated waters from the spring brought forth mist that floated in every crevice of the room. The temperature of the hot spring was enough so that taut muscles would ease. Akatsuki sighed heavenly from his relaxed position in the water. His back was resting over the place where the warm spill of the hot spring was coming from. The mist played part in drowning Akatsuki's head underwater, to the point where he did not hear his lover step into the room. 

"Akatsuki~"

A playful voice called for him. Akatsuki opened his eyes, letting it rest half-lidded. Satoru stood by the door from the other side of the room, the thin robe he was wearing barely covered the skin of his legs and his upper chest. 

"I thought you'd never come." He teased with a slight smile.

Satoru rolled his eyes, he began to walk over with a slight sway of his hips. "This is literally the highlight of a ryokan, of course I'd be here." He replied.

Just as he reached the edge of the platform, Satoru began to untie his robes. Akatsuki, being himself, averted his gaze by resting his head on the rocks behind him. When his eyes closed, he was left with sensing Satoru's movements by hearing. He heard the quiet splash of water as Satoru dipped himself in, then after that, Akatsuki heard nothing else.

Curiously, he lifted his head to gaze around the area, finding no trace of where Satoru might be.  He rolled his eyes at the thought of Satoru warping to god knows where, he sat up as he began to leave the water. Halfway through, he heard a splash form behind him, he turned back to glance at the source of the sound. 

"Satoru, come out already." He said exasperatedly. 

The water in front of him waved ominously, before it suddenly shot up. Akatsuki used his hand to cover his eyes from the onslaught of water.

"Boo!" Satoru shouted before clinging onto him, resembling a koala towards a tree. 

Akatsuki supported Satoru's clinging body with two arms underneath his thighs. "Very funny, Satoru." He said monotonously.

Satoru pulled back in order to gaze at him. "Oh come on, that was executed perfectly!" He whined.

Akatsuki rolled his eyes, "Ha Ha. What's next, canonball?" He joked, not expecting Satoru's eyes to light up. 

The next thing that occurred was something that Akatsuki totally expected. The overgrown pale haired man in his arms suddenly wriggled himself free, dropping to the too-warm water below, he began to waddle towards the edge of the bath hurriedly, reminding Akatsuki of penguins.

"Childish as ever, Satoru." He said endearingly. "But you go ahead and do what makes you happy." 

"You bet I will!" Satoru pointed at him as he said, he took a couple of steps back, before launching himself full speed towards the water.

"Canonball!" He shouted, making Akatsuki wince. 

He watched as Satoru fell into the water ungracefully, his drop made a huge amount of water fly into the air. Akatsuki lifted a hand, the water stopped mid-air, becoming still to the command of his ability. With a wave of his hand, the still water began to swirl back to the bath. 

Satoru emerged from underneath the water, he used both of his hands to push his hair back from his forehead, sighing contentedly. He walked towards him in a languid manner, when he reached Akatsuki, he pushed to him to sit back down the rocks. Akatsuki let the gorgeous man lead him wherever he desired, accepting him in his lap as he caged his torso with his legs.

"You know, I would've crashed my ass on the floor if it wasn't for my Infinity." Satoru said with a sultry smile. 

Akatsuki chuckled at that, "Oh? Whatever would have happened to you, then?" He asked jokingly.