Chapter Five

The trees surrounding the property were singing with its branches brushing together caused by the gentle wind. The birds were cheerful and present as if they were rejoicing. Indeed, the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical School was absolutely beautiful in its old age. The architecture of the buildings were detailed down to its very foundation and Akatsuki cannot help but stand still in awe of the place.

He was never here frequently. He knew the place but was not familiar with it. He never mingled with the affairs of the sorcerers even after all this time. Perhaps it is because of the growing arrogance that they seemed to carry with them that he decided that they do not need his help. 

After having left the stuffy meeting room of the school, he fled from the irritating man-child and chaperoned himself around the property. He does not doubt that Gojo would find him sooner than later. But even so, he allowed himself some peace and quiet to at least gather his thoughts.

He disliked how his supposedly simple and quick plan in eliminating Ryōmen Sukuna's fingers apparently became a much more complex mission. He is aware of how much power his Cursed Technique has against the curse, but he is not that strong of a fighter, at least not at these times anymore.

At the reminder of his old warrior days, he can feel his fangs itch to grow and the soft supple skin of his tense with longing. He knew what this means, his other form was begging to be manifested. But he willed it down as he had for the past couple of centuries. This era does not need his one hundred percent, or in all honesty maybe a half.

"Tsuki! Akatsuki! Come on, you need to meet my dear students!"

He was pulled out of the depths of his thoughts as if he was grabbed by the neck and was then forcefully pulled out. He blinked twice to refocus his eyesight and then turned to the man.

"Is such a thing really necessary, Gojo? In fact, we should start moving. The fingers will not wait." He replied sternly.

Gojo rolled his eyes behind his blindfold, such action went unnoticed by the other for obvious reasons. He groaned playfully and pushed his shoulder.

"The fingers can wait for another day! Plus it's a holiday! Just come with me." Gojo said stubbornly. He began to walk ahead and down the hall, as if assured that Akatsuki would follow him.

Akatsuki knew that his reasons was a blatant lie. He knew that he just didn't care enough and was lazing around as expected. Gojo was the type of man that would rather spend his time indulging than getting things done if he deemed it unnecessary.

Nonetheless, he followed after Gojo and began to walk a slow pace behind him. They were walking in silence until Gojo once again broke the ice.

"Hey Tsuki, you're still too tall, you haven't shrunk yet, have you?" He prodded at him and tutted.

"It is not that easy, sorcerer. Know your place." Akatsuki grumbled out, his teeth were clenched together as he did not make any effort to actually acknowledge what Gojo said.

Gojo sighed irritably and walked faster. "When you meet the kids, don't be so stiff! Although I doubt that you'll scare them off..." He whispered the last part to himself.

•••

"What?!"

All three voices exclaimed together. The owner of the three voices were huddled together the two intruding figures. One's shadow almost engulfed the smallest boy in the little crowd that made him shyly back away.

"Yep! This is Rex Caligo, I found him!" Gojo told his students who were in shock at the person standing in front of them.

Akatsuki was silent as he observed the students. One stood out to him the most as he remembered that the green haired girl was the one who arrived at the abandoned home where the finger was at. He concluded that students were sent out to missions nowadays due to the dwindling number of professional Jujutsu Sorcerers.