Chapter Fourteen

When Gojo Satoru left one of his dearest students, Fushiguro Megumi, whom he vowed to protect and to guide, to the hands of someone who might as well be a stranger, he started to think that he might have a few screws loose.

But then again, he shouldn't even be wondering that anymore after he basically offered the Creation the closest access to his students. So when he heard that he'd been given a solo mission five hours away from school, he already began to connect the dots that the elders are probably beginning to plot something. Moreso when they had Megumi in on the mission to retrieve a cursed finger alone.

So the elders and the others might see him assigning Megumi to accompany Akatsuki as a way to give him experience in the field, but to Gojo, it is a test. He wanted to test the lengths that Akatsuki will go through for his mission, would he put aside Megumi? would he abandon ship and leave the crews to drown? He wanted to test the man.

But when he got the call from Ijichi, he never felt his energy rush to finish off a curse so easily in his life. Akatsuki had been impaled, multiple times actually. When he warped to the school, the first thing that was shoved in his face was Ijichi and Megumi's report on the case. The latter boy looked shaken when he arrived and he was pacing outside of the school clinic where he assumed Akatsuki was with Shoko.

In the report it stated;
The unlisted Special Grade Curse appeared to have been in hiding until Rex Caligo and Fushiguro Megumi lured it out. It had been housing Ryōmen Sukuna's finger, thus the explanation for its tremendous power. It is said to have manifested from the death of the little girl, Emika.

Rex Caligo had taken multiple hits on the torso, leaving his stomach with open wounds, [REDACTED] please report to Ieiri Shoko.

Fushiguro Megumi has no reported injuries.

The third finger of Ryōmen Sukuna was successfully retrieved.

"Bullshit."

Shoko sighed from the stool she was sitting on. She rubbed her temples in vexation at the persistence of the white haired man. She snatched the folder from his hands then made way to the filing cabinets.

"It is what it is said on the report, Gojo. Why are you here anyway?" She asked with her back turned to him.

"What the hell was redacted?" He asked, tapping a finger into the metal table.

"I don't know, ask Megumi." She replied. Her uninterested posture may have fooled Gojo, but the curious glint in her eyes as she walked out of the infirmary tells him otherwise.

"Where is he, anyway?" He asked, getting up from the chair by the wall.

"I don't know." She replied uselessly.

Gojo groaned then leaned against the wall exasperated. "Did you manage to heal Akatsuki?" He asked instead.

Shoko sighed but turned to him, her stern gaze shut him up. "I don't how the hell you managed to bring a damn Creation here, and I'm not gonna give you praise for it." She replied.

"He basically didn't need my healing, he was fine but my healing just helped his tissues connect again." She said after a few moments.

"Gojo, he fucking has gold blood! What the fuck?" Shoko hushed to him. Gojo's eyebrows raised at this.

"So he does bleed." He murmured to himself.

"Of course he fucking bleeds. He got impaled eleven times!" Shoko snapped at him. She shoved a file to his chest then turned towards a drawer.

"Go, he's probably still at the clinic. He's been recuperating his energy to close the wounds. Get out of here." Shoko told him.

"Wait!"