Chapter Twenty-Six

Akatsuki had not talked with Satoru for days. It's not that the two had a fight again, it's just that the days where Satoru would randomly pop up while he's in the middle of a lesson was lessened. Akatsuki is confident that he had not been pushing Satoru away, nor was the erratic man actively pushing him away. 

 Akatsuki assumed that the lack of visits from his lover was because Satoru had been dumped with tons of missions after their "holiday" in Hokkaido. That wasn't unexpected, considering Satoru's responsibilities will not change even after they're together now. Akatsuki wasn't disappointed by that at all, but he is concerned for Satoru sometimes.

They had only managed to hang out for a day after they got back at the school, after that, Satoru began to leave for an extended period of time. Although during the night, he would be roused from his sleep by the weight of his lover's body draping on top of him. He knew it was Satoru who just got back from his mission, at the very least, he was glad to know that Satoru still gets some sleep. 

During those nights though, he would feel Satoru cling to him tighter, which he knows is typically him overthinking. He knows that when his overthinking would lead to thoughts that hurt him, Satoru would clench his fist, which is usually holding on to the fabric of his clothes on his back. Akatsuki was very concerned indeed, specifically at how cryptic Satoru is acting towards him. 

He cannot help but worry if he's done something wrong that he is not aware of, or if he has said something that Satoru didn't like. But even so, he didn't think that Satoru would cling to him like that-

"Akatsuki-sensei!"

Akatsuki snapped out of his thoughts, eyes focusing on his surroundings. When he was done, he saw Maki staring at him with furrowed eyebrows. Panda and Inumaki was standing behind her, the former had his arms crossed while the other was gazing at him questioningly. 

"Apologies, Maki-san, did you say something?" He asked politely.

Maki's furrowed eyebrows suddenly went up in disbelief. "'Did I say something', he asks. I didn't even say anything!" She told him, frustrated. 

Akatsuki felt his face get hot from embarrassment. It must have been Panda who called for him, only he failed to register it. 

"When we went inside the classroom, you were just standing there, staring at the window. What's up with you?" Maki asked him, crossing her arms together. 

Akatsuki went to his table at the front of the room, the three students took this as a sign to take their seats. 

"It's nothing. You three don't have to involve yourselves with it." He replied, opening a file that was delivered to him earlier.

"Oh come on, it's that damn blindfolded idiot, isn't it?" 

Akatsuki's eyes went wide at that, feeling heat creep up his neck. "How can you say so?" He asked.

Panda leaned into his elbows that rested on the desk. "Most of the cause of stress of the staff at Jujutsu is Satoru." He said with a shrug.

"Salmon." Inumaki said in agreement. 

"Wait, really?" Akatsuki asked, half in disbelief and half amused.

Maki scoffed out a laugh. "Yea, you should go ask Ijichi." 

"Anyway, is he finally starting to get to you? We won't blame you to be honest." Maki asked him, Akatsuki could feel his reservations slip away. 

"It's not like that. He has just been acting rather unusually these days. We also haven't talked that much lately." Akatsuki hated how he almost sounded whiny.