Chapter Thirteen

Scene

The elder who sat in front of him gazed at him with such reverence that Akatsuki could not help but feel uncomfortable. The room was filled with silence as the occupants waited for one to initiate a conversation. Akatsuki knew that he would not be the one to do it, so he simply stared at the man in front of him.

"Kurayami-sama, this is such an honor having you here. We dearly appreciate your presence, as we all know that you must be busy with the war currently raging outside." The old man stated gruffly.

"I had to attend, what with all your persistence that is." Akatsuki replied, making the other chuckle guiltily.

"Ah, yes. I must ask for your forgiveness for that. You see, our clan is in great need of a uh-a help." The old man's eyes glinted with greed.

Akatsuki refrained from scoffing. "I assume you mean a Grant?" He asked.

"Yes!-" the old man got a hold of himself and coughed awkwardly. "I meant, yes, Kurayami-sama."

"My heir, Koichi, is nearly thirteen years old, and he has yet to manifest our Inherent Technique. We were wondering if you could uh-help him attain it." Zenin Wakashi gestured to his young son who sat to his right.

The young boy looked uninterested and tired. Akatsuki was concerned at the way the boy's eyes held little light at such a young age. He tuned out the rambling of the old man then stood up. This made the other fall silent as he gazed at him curiously.

"I shall decide, but first, I would like to talk to your son." He said, glancing at the young boy who looked up at him, shocked.

"Of course! Yes, please." Wakashi said, nudging his son to stand up and follow him outside of the room.

The two ended up at the patio that overlooked the garden of the mansion. The gentle sounds of the water in the fountain rushing calmed the young boy's nerves as he stood beside the tall being.

"I wanted to talk to you in private as this conversation will likely be interrupted by your father. I cannot risk you being unable to speak for yourself, so here we are." Akatsuki broke the silence.

"I wanted to ask you something, and you must answer truthfully." He turned and set a stern gaze towards the young boy who tensed.

"Yes, of course." The boy spoke up with confidence, making Akatsuki nod in approval.

"Answer me, do you truly want the Zenin clan's Inherent Technique?" He asked the boy.

The black haired boy tensed even more then looked away from him. He leaned over the fence and exhaled shakily. He backed away and looked towards him again, eyes shining with determination.

"Yes, I do." He answered, "But I want something else too." Akatsuki raised a brow at this.

He suddenly sunk to his knees and dropped his head towards Akatsuki's feet. The other man's eyes widened at the action before leaning down and attempted to let the boy stand up.