Chapter Sixteen

"You're thirty minutes late, Gojo."

"Oh come on! Don't be so mad, If you were any other I would've been an hour late!"

Akatsuki scowled at Gojo's words. The irritating man child had him waiting at the school gates for too long that if he waited any longer he would have left him behind and traveled through the shadows instead, just as he should be doing right now instead of humouring Gojo's wasteful plans.

After Gojo basically hunted him down after he walked off from training, he found him just after he surveyed the country from the shadow realm to find any clues of the whereabouts of Ryōmen Sukuna's finger. That had been yesterday, and Gojo wrestled out an agreement from Akatsuki that they should travel to Hachinohe via train instead of respectively traveling on their own means. Today was the next day, where they agreed that they should leave the moment the sun rises from the horizon.

A groggy Ijichi stood beside the car, while Akatsuki idly stood by the torii gate. Gojo walked out from the stone paths a bit before Akatsuki began to rethink his choices.

"Remind me again why I agreed to this. We all know that it will be far easier for me to travel through the shadows, and you to warp there." Akatsuki told Gojo, who only teasingly smiled at him.

Gojo started to tut at him, "Akatsuki those are the rules here, and you promised to follow them! Here we value teamwork to make the dream work! Partners have to travel together, no excuses!" He heard Ijichi sigh from behind them.

"What ever you have to say, Gojo. Let us get going." Akatsuki replied, heading towards the car.

When they both hopped in the sleek black car, Gojo had the gall to jokingly hold his side of the door open for him, teasingly bowing his head then closing it behind him.

"Take us to the train station, Ijichi." Gojo told the man who meekly nodded.

Gojo adjusted himself in his seat to face Akatsuki, his knees touched his own as Gojo carelessly sat in his seat.

"We'll be there in about three hours. Until then, we can just hang out!" Gojo said to him with a tilt of his head.

Akatsuki ignored what he said and decided to talk business instead. "The finger seemed to be moving all over the place, I doubt it is somewhere contained, must be in a curse." He said.

Gojo rolled his eyes in boredom. "Psh, we'll handle it, it's literally you and I, I feel sorry for that curse honestly." He just replied.

"You never can tell, Gojo." He replied, which made Gojo sit in silence for once.

•••

As they arrived in the train station, Gojo decided that they should take their seats in first class. As he said on quote "The sweets in the other class sucks, first class has so much!".

Akatsuki silently looked out the window to watch the scenery pass by, but to also try his best to ignore the other man in front of him who's currently on his third plate of dessert.

Gojo got bored of sitting around and eating food by himself, so he reached over to tap at Akatsuki's hand incessantly. The other man directed his scarlet gaze towards him, eyes silently asking him a silent question.

"You do eat, right?" Gojo asked asked him, head leaning to his folded hands on the table.

"Well, yes I do." Akatsuki replied. Gojo smiled widely then clicked his fingers. A young woman approached them with a smile on her face.