Chapter Twenty-Five, Part One

The forceful gusts of wind that came from the slope underneath the cliff made Akatsuki's raven hair dance along. He was accompanied by Satoru, who remained by his side as he guided them towards the cliff of the nearby mountain. 

The Lantern Festival had quietly made its closing just a little after the lanterns had gone down to the land. The two lovers then shortly trekked up the mountains afterwards, footsteps guided by the soft and bright glow of the moon. Now, Akatsuki nervously stared into thin air as they arrived, seemingly fighting a battle in his mind.

"Hey, we're seriously not just going to stand here then poof! You're mortal!" Satoru joked, leaning towards Akatsuki's space.

Akatsuki startled out of his reverie, eyes blinking four times in order to fully regain his senses. He turned to Satoru then held him by the arm.

"No, it's not like that. I'll get us there, but please step aside." He asked, nerves clearly heard from him.

Satoru just shrugged, stepping away from the other man. He stationed himself a couple of meters away from Akatsuki, arms crossed, briefly worrying Akatsuki of him getting impatient.

Akatsuki turned away from him, taking a couple of steps closer to the edge. After standing still for a few seconds, he proceeded to put his hands together, as if in a prayer. The wind picked up, creating an ominous humming sound, Satoru felt the ground shake a little. Light began to emit from the man standing close to the edge, pure white and thin streams of electricity began to trickle out of Akatsuki's hands, some hitting the ground below.

"Clavis Manifesto." Akatsuki called to thin air.

"What the hell?" Satoru whispered to himself upon witnessing the light show.

Akatsuki separated his palms from its position, showing a floating ball of light in the middle. If Satoru nosed in enough, he would've seen the long handle of an extraordinary Katana emerging from the light. Its features clearly indicated that it is not just any other human made blade. Akatsuki grabbed a hold of the handle with firm hands, he stepped back as he prepared to pull it out. 

Satoru felt a suffocating release of Cursed Energy that spilled out of the Katana. The ground shook underneath them as Akatsuki briskly pulled the Katana by its hilt out of the glowing sphere. He held it up above his head, pale electricity trickling from its blade. Down to its shaft to the tip of its blade, the object was covered in what looked like stars, oddly enough, it seemed as if it was moving like the night sky. 

"Aperio!" Akatsuki swung the sword downwards, a loud thunder clap sung out as the empty space in front of Akatsuki previously now has a vertical cut.

The opening in the middle of the air stayed still, its sides were distorted with purple Cursed Energy, in the middle of it; the entrance, it only showed distorted images of space. The sword dissipated from Akatsuki's hand, the man took in a shaky breath. 

"Wow. I think you just violated Newton's Law." Satoru said, walking closer to Akatsuki.

"That's where we need to go." Akatsuki pointed towards the distorted opening. He began to walk towards it.

Satoru frowned. He didn't move from his spot as Akatsuki began to get closer to the opening. When he noticed Satoru not following him, he gave him a confused look.

"Everything alright, Satoru? Did you change your mind?" He asked. "Because that'll be completely fine."

Satoru shook his head. "Nope, it's just uh." He paused. "I can't see anything beyond it." He admitted.

"Oh." Akatsuki merely replied. "I'm sorry, but I don't know what you can possibly mean." 

Satoru walked closer to him. "What I mean is, even with my Six Eyes, I can't get a read on what's on the other side of that." he pointed to the off putting opening.