Chapter Nine

Back at the school, Akatsuki took the measure to lock his doors as he cleaned himself. He anticipated that the others would arrive in about half an hour after he left them in the car.

The ride back was uneventful for the first fifteen minutes until Gojo started to tease him again, bothering him about his Curse Techniques and whatnot. The man was staying put on his seat until he called him a brat again. Gojo started to cause a ruckus by threatening to jump in the backseat with them to 'show him what a real brat is'. Megumi, who has been quiet the entire time decided to start hand-chopping Gojo on the top of his head like he's a bad dog, this caused Ijichi to get distracted and almost swerve the car into another lane.

The moment that the car went under a tunnel, Akatsuki took the chance to slip into the shadows and travel to the school by himself. The sudden change from Gojo's whines and Megumi's hisses were disorienting. So now here he is, hair still wet and clothes dried by the air he manipulated.

He took the time to fix his hair while walking towards the school's cafeteria. The school grounds were quiet and there were no signs of life anywhere, he guessed that the second year students were off to their own missions or training somewhere. He allowed himself to get immersed by the sounds of nature and closed his eyes while walking.

"Hey, Akatsuki! There you are!"

His eyes flew open and narrowed to the direction of the sound, which was Gojo. He was accompanied by Megumi who sat quietly while eating his lunch from a bento box. He sighed in defeat and walked towards them.

"I didn't think you would be here so soon." He said as he sat down in the chair. Megumi, who sat in front of him, looked up from his food and said nothing.

"What, you thinking to get away from me so quick?" Gojo replied with a smug smile on his face.

Akatsuki rolled his eyes and said nothing in return. "It is lunch, what is it that you needed to tell me?" He asked.

Gojo tutted and waved his index finger. "Food first. Mind your manners, Tsuki. We don't talk business in lunch, ew!" He made a show of shivering, probably fake.

"I still have questions about your stuff, you know. Like, what the hell was that back there?" Gojo added. Megumi pointed a gaze at him at this.

"Me too." Megumi cut in. Gojo turned his head at his student and laid an arm on his shoulder.

"Wow, Megumi! We have a fanboy here, I didn't know." Gojo teased. Megumi frowned and pushed the arm off his shoulder.

Gojo got up from the table. "You two stay here, I'll get you food." He made a weird tilting gesture with his head, Akatsuki unaware that he winked at him.

Silence settled between the two, Megumi avoided eye contact with his whole being. "So you said you have questions?" He broke the silence.

Megumi briefly brushed his gaze at him then looked at his hands that laid on the table.

"Yeah. Back there, you controlled the cement, and the water. Then you created lightning? I was just curious because it didn't exactly look like a Cursed Technique." Megumi asked him slowly. Akatsuki hummed in thought.

"You are right, it wasn't a Cursed Technique. I do have them, but what I did earlier was just me being able to control the main elements." He answered. Megumi still looked confused.

"How?" Megumi asked, "I mean, I know about you being a Creation. But you know, books really aren't that reliable." He added.

Akatsuki nodded. "You are correct about that, it's better coming from the direct source I guess. When we are created, we are mostly born from one of the natural things or resources from Earth. One could be born from the natural force of water, or from the natural force of darkness."