Chapter Four

Scene

"Why do you do it?"

"Hm? Do what?"

"Why do you still uphold your duties? We owe nothing to humans, they barely know our existence anymore."

The pale spirit laughed lightly at him. At this time of night, the bright glow of the moon only enhanced the magical air of this spirit. His pale white hair was accompanied by soft triangular ears that resembles those of a fox. His alabaster skin was what truly made him even more majestic. 

"Akatsuki, they need our help more than ever. We do not need to seek an exchange before we extend help. As Creations, guiding lesser beings out of love from our heart is our purpose." He replied calmly. His voice was soft and airy, as if he was being lulled into sleep.

End, scene

Centuries later, he still cannot understand his companion's way of living. For him to willingly sacrifice his life for another that was only fleeting was lost to him. All he could always think of was that he could never.

Yet here he was now, standing in front of a red Torii gate that showed a long path of stone beyond it. A man with almost a similar pale hair stood beside him, but his complexion was sunkissed and dewy.

"Here we are! The school has a barrier so if I'm wrong about you, you wouldn't be able to enter, but that's never happened before so let's go!" The man told him.

Gojo Satoru has let go of his arm moments ago, yet he still felt that burn on him. Perhaps it was because he was the first person who laid a hand on him ever since he awoke. Gojo walked ahead of him confidently with his head held high. He assumed long ago that this man's most prominent personality is arrogance, and he was right.

He followed him silently as they trudged through the path. The birds seem to whistle more loudly now as if they're performing a choir. He guessed it was because of his presence that other more started to flock over to the trees on the side.

"You look like you belong here." Gojo broke the peaceful silence.

"Excuse me?" He asked, not quite getting his meaning.

"I'm just saying, you have this aura that screams 'I'm as old as this temple!'. So you can't really blame me." He replied humorously.

"Perhaps it is because I am older than this temple, sorcerer." He sassed back with narrowed eyes.

Gojo started to laugh loudly, he lifted his eyebrows in concern as he doesn't exactly find anything humourous at the moment.

"Speaking of old! Your name is. I'm going to spare myself the 'I am called by many names' talk and just ask if you have anything other than Rex Caligo? It's pretty long, you know." Gojo rambled as he pointed a finger in his face.

The question made him ponder over the many names he had taken. Some were mostly titles the humans and sorcerers alike have given him. But there was one. One that was given to him by a dear friend.

"Akatsuki." He replied monotonously.

"Ugh, still long!" The man beside him whined.