Chapter Seven

Ever since he was a child, Gojo Satoru has always been told many things for countless amount of times. His very birth had been enough to tilt the balance of the world, his existence changes everything. So it was only natural that the old heads would attempt to strike fear into his heart.

When Satoru was a child, his eyes always felt extremely sensitive. He hated light and his headaches get so bad. It wasn't only then when he got older that he felt the pull of the Limitless from his very skin. It felt like holding the world in your palms, its heartbeat pulsing under your nerves, traveling through your skin and seeing it for all it worth.

So as he grew up, he always tried to understand his powers. He was cautious of who can know about it and when to use it, although he has always been reckless. So imagine his surprise when the supposed myth who was "fated" to end the power he holds shows up one day right under his nose.

He always knew about the story of Kiyo and Miyo. Twins born in late Spring who held the Six Eyes and the Limitless separately. They lived at a time of even greater sorcery where Creations thrived. As a child, he would always run away from his maids to hide at the gallery and observe the paintings that hung on the wall. The grand watercolor painting covered the wall and shrouded the room with its mystic depictions. It showed a picture of one woman and one man slaying a dragon, standing over its dead body.

The painting had been the clan's pride and joy, it was supposed to symbolize their ever growing victory and superiority over the years, but Gojo Satoru has always hated it. When he was young and naive, heart soft and tender, he hated how the dragons looked like they were in so much pain. His tutors would tell that it was the symbol of their Inherited Technique being able to take down the Heavens itself, starting with defying this execution.

As he grew older though, he began to hate it for a different reason. He hated that myth because he saw it as a tool from the Elders to keep himself in check. After all, who would dare to give a blessing then take it back? It grew when he began to attend Jujutsu, when he saw the Elders for what they are. Paranoid, stubborn and a whole bunch of cowards. He never visited the gallery at all after that.

Except for one day. When Rex Caligo himself walked into his life, or rather when he walked into Rex Caligo's life.
This Creation was his answer, to what question, Gojo does not know yet. But he knew that he has to take this man and put him in his chess board, the gem of a chess piece amongst the wooden ones.

To say Gojo does not trust him though is true. He never trusted much anyway, but who knew what his true intentions were? Especially after spotting him with Ryōmen Sukuna's finger, but it got twisted when he declared that he wanted it destroyed. What would Gojo make do of this now? He does not know, but his first reckless decision was to take Rex Caligo to the memory lane. It didn't turn out the way he anticipated it though.

There was only one instance in his life that truly scared him. The moment that Fushiguro Toji drove that knife to his head was it, who wouldn't be scared? But the absolute mania he felt after he saved himself by basically becoming God was one of the things that he will never forget. But then it became two instances.

The second moment was just a mere hour ago. When he drifted his gaze towards that pale hand that glowed, his Six Eyes suddenly felt overwhelmed. There was a blinding light even with his blindfold, then he saw darkness. He awoke though, as he always will, but what happened next made the familiar cold air of fear creep up his spine.

His body was unmoving and it was embarrassingly slumped over Rex Caligo's taller form, his head was drooping off his shoulder then it was hoisted into his arms. He looked at the impossible in front of him, as if he was being mocked. When he redirected his gaze towards his perpetrator, he was expecting a smug look of victory, however all he saw was what seems to be patience and gentility.