Chapter 13: Zone Two Preparations

Waking up the next day, Mason found Heather on top of him, finding it normal at this point. Getting out from under her without too much difficulty, he left to find Curie. Finding her near a guard tower, she greeted Mason as he approached her.

"Good morning, monsieur," she said as Mason pat the top of her dome. "I do hope you had a pleasant rest."

"Thought I told you to stop calling me that," Mason said, laughing. "Might start calling you mademoiselle."

"It surprises me you know French," Curie said, making Mason chuckle. Why'd she have to be like Codsworth with a likable personality?

"Elective in high school," Mason responded. "Took three years of it and continued studying in my free time while in the military. Helped my sister while deployed since she wanted to know the language as well. Now can you be ready in fifteen minutes?"

"But of course."

Leaving to grab his bag, Mason found Dogmeat playing around with some teenagers, leaving a grin on his face. It was good to see teens that knew how to have fun. It'd be bad if they were all like the ones from Sunshine. They could've become raiders. Grabbing his bag from the bed he'd slept in, Mason took it out to the bar and began putting his armor on.

"Howdy, partner," Mason told Heather as she came up while he was adjusting the straps. "Glad to see you're awake."

"That was the best sleep ever," she smiled happily. "We cuddled the entire time."

"Well, I was asleep, so I didn't do much. Ready to head out?"

"Anytime," Heather responded, holding out Mason's helmet to him.

Putting the helmet in his bag, Mason looked at Heather. "Let's get moving."

Grabbing Curie and Dogmeat, Mason told the settlers they'd see them around. After strapping their bags onto Curie and getting into their Power Armor, they began walking, not running into any problems until they got to Concord. Fortunately, it was an hour and a half after they started walking, and it was just a few raiders.

"Wait here," Mason told Curie as they neared the city. "Heather and I will take care of them. Dogmeat, you stay as well."

Mason got into a running position before charging the nearest raider.

"Oh shi-" the raider yelled before a shoulder got slammed into him, breaking his chest from the force.

"Fuck!" one raider yelled, seeing her friend lying on the ground, struggling to breathe. Pulling out her rifle, Heather shot them in the leg before hitting her in the face.

Mason went to step forward before a raider came from behind, hitting the armor with a pipe. Bending, the pipe was ultimately useless as Mason grabbed them by the throat, lifting them off the ground. Throwing him into his raider friend, Mason kicked back, hitting a raider attacking. Sending him flying through a wall, more than likely killing them.

"Well, guess you guys messed up," Mason muttered, stepping towards the two fallen raiders. One of them tried to shoot Mason, the bullets bouncing off the armor.

"Three of you chiennes down, two to go," Mason muttered, a switchblade breaking against the armor when a raider tried to stab him. Grabbing him by the throat, Mason lifted him before punching him in the stomach, the metal fist going through the stomach.

Turning to the last raider, he saw Heather had taken care of her, and although she couldn't see it, Mason was smiling.

"Fall in!" Mason yelled to Curie, who grabbed Dogmeat to catch up with him and Heather. Walking, it only took half an hour to get to Sanctuary.