Chapter 16: Zone 2 Part 3

Closing the door behind them, they searched through the room they were in, looking for anything out of place. The only thing Mason found odd was how quiet the place was. He couldn't hear any wings fluttering, which was odd since they'd been right outside. Making sure his armor was secure, Mason took out his blade, carefully searching the place.

"See anything?" Mason asked Heather as she looked through a locker.

"Nothing out of the ordinary."

"Stay on guard," Mason told her, looking around. "I don't like this."

Finding some ammunition and a dress, Mason put them away before stepping to the door to the dock. Taking his helmet off real quick, Mason pressed his ear to the crack, hearing the sound of clittering go by the door. He gestures for Curie to stay back while Heather points her rifle at the door, putting his helmet back on.

"Ready?" Mason questioned, putting a hand on the handle. Receiving a nod of confirmation, Mason pulled the door open, and Heather opened fire. Looking out, Mason saw a mirelurk on the ground, realizing why it was quiet now.

"Need to clear this place," Mason growled, ducking under acid as a hunter charged forward.

"Need help!" Mason yelled, blocking one of the hunter's claws, causing him to stagger. Kicking up, Mason broke off one of its two mouthpieces, making it screech in pain. Grabbing the back of its shell, Mason pulled himself onto its back, the creature trying to hit him and buck him off.

"One way to distract it," Mason said as the creature turned to ash, Heather and Curie burning it. "Better than the front."

"That was very reckless, Monsieur," Curie scolded, Mason waving his hand.

"Didn't want to get hit by a laser," Mason responded. "Prefer providing a distraction." Before Heather could say anything, Mason heard something pop from the earth behind and turned towards the noise.

"Company!" Mason yelled, running to the dock. Seeing a mirelurk coming, Mason jumped the railing, landing on the shell of the mirelurk. Slamming it to the ground, Mason rolled off the shell, landing in front of it. As it stood back up, Mason thrusted his blade into the creature's eye. Hearing a loud BOOM, Mason turned to see Heather had jumped down, her Power Armor loud.

"Here you go!" Mason yelled, yanking the knife from the eye. Getting beside her, Mason kicked back a mirelurk, the creature trying to attack her from behind.

"Let's go," Mason growled, dropping to the ground and kicking up, sending it onto its back. Seeing it stuck there, Mason was reminded of a turtle with claws instead of legs, amusing him on the inside.

Feeling something hit his leg, Mason looked down to see a hatchling hitting him. Stomping on it, Mason runs to the stuck Mirelurk, ramming his blade into its face.

Seeing three mirelurks, one being a hunter, and their hatchlings coming, Mason got ready to fight.

"Probably about to die," Mason moaned before seeing a heavy sledgehammer leaning against a wall. Putting his blade away, Mason grabbed the sledge, gripping it with both hands. Waiting for them to get close, Mason began taking deep breaths, gauging how hard he'd have to swing. As they neared, he looked at how they were formed, and...

Swinging up, the sledgehammer caught the front one. Sending it flying into its green friend, Mason brought the hammer down onto the hunter, knocking to the ground, shell cracked. "Don't give a sledge to a soldier," Mason growled, bringing the sledgehammer around. Slamming into the side of the hunter's head, the sledgehammer broke the shell, slamming the creature into the boat. Screeching as it tried to hit Mason, he ducked under, dragging the hammer. Gripping the handle, Mason slammed the hammer into the hunter, making it fall back.