Chapter 20: Vault 75 and the Hospital

Drinking some water after he used a stimpak, Mason turned to Heather.

"Ready," Mason asked, receiving a nod of confirmation. Pulling out Overseer's, Mason muttered, "Let's blow some merde up."

Firing two shots, Mason took out the furthest turret, blowing it up as Heather took out the nearest one. Pulling out a grenade as he heard yelling, Mason held the lug in place, waiting to hear footsteps. Hearing Gunners coming, Mason released the lug, tossing it. Hitting the corner of the frame, the grenade got sent towards them, Mason hearing an explosion and more yelling.

"Where is the fucker?!" one of the Gunners yelled

"Don't ask us! We're in the same room as you!"

Going to pull another grenade, Heather shot down one of them.

"You bitch!" one of them yelled from around the corner. "This place will be your grave!"

Pulling out a cryogenic grenade, Mason tossed it, hearing the Gunners complain about the cold as it exploded. Charging forward, Mason rounded the corner, making the two Gunners jump back.

"Super Mutant!" they yelled as Mason grabbed them by their helmets. Slamming them to the ground, Mason knocked the wind out of them, preparing to finish them.

"They're stupid," Mason growled, drilling his fists into their stomachs. Stomping on the man's face, Mason broke his nose, caving his skull in.

"Let me go!" the woman yelled, Mason lifting her off the ground and off her feet.

"Wish granted," Mason growled, releasing her as he hit her jaw, breaking it.

"What the hell is going on down there?" A man yelled from the other room. "Moore, you better not be fucking around again!"

Pulling out a grenade, Mason pulled the pin as he reached the room, tossing the grenade in as he closed the door.

"Mother fu-" someone began to yell before the grenade exploded.

CRACK!

Mason bent his head down as something hit him. Turning, he saw a short man, holding the remains of a pool stick, looking like he had crapped his pants.

"Please, let me- gak!" the man began, Mason grabbing him by the throat, lifting him off the ground.

"Pick a god, and pray," Mason growled, tightening his grip. The man began to struggle, trying to pry Mason's fingers before SNAP!

Dropping the body when he heard the neck snap, Mason bent down to get anything worthwhile off of him. Finding some shotgun shells, he found it odd the man thought it was smarter to hit him with a pool stick over a gun. Guessed he wasn't the smartest of the bunch.

Walking over to the door, Mason had to grip it and push it open, a loud SCHLIIKK noise reverberating throughout the vault, gears grinding each other, metal sliding on metal. Opening it, Mason saw three bodies on the ground, one with their clothing destroyed. Mason got more ammunition searching through their pockets, finding two stimpaks on the one with better gear. The armor was made of metal, feeling sturdy. Mason collected the helmets from the two outside, putting the armor in his bag, meeting up with Heather.

"Sure you're not a Super Mutant?" Heather questioned. "You seem too strong for a human."

"Fairly certain I don't have green skin," Mason remarked. "Besides, being organized doesn't make up for lack of training."

"You should join the Brotherhood. Show the next generation how it's done."

"No," Mason stated, surprising Heather. "Don't trust them. Two people don't represent an entire organization."