Chapter 30: Reunions

When he entered the fort, Mason was already pissed. Rushing up the stairs, he came face to face with a synth.

BAM!

Slamming the stock of his rifle, the synth didn't have time to register Mason being there as its head came off.

Bang! Bang!

Firing two rounds, Mason took another two down as they came rushing to see what the noise was. Staying silent, Mason moved forward, rifle raised as he prepared for more. Moving through the rooms to the left, Mason heard more of the machines in one of the offices.

Byoom! Byoom! Byoom!

As the synths further down began to fire, Mason ducked and charged, moving too fast for them to turn in time to react.

BAM! Bang!

Slamming the stock into the head of one, Mason kicked the legs of the other out before firing a round into its head. Growling, he put the rifle away, pulling out his knuckles. After putting them on, Mason cracked his neck before moving to the next room.

Crack!

Stopping as he turned the corner, a synth hit Mason in the head with a baton, though it didn't do much as it bounced off the helmet. Grabbing the synth by the throat, he held it at arm's length.

Bam!

Taking its head off its body, Mason dropped it, glaring at the incoming synths. Charging forward, Mason slammed into a synth, grabbing its shoulder and holding it as he pushed it, the synths behind it firing lasers, trying to shoot him.

Bam!

Slamming into the pillar, the synth's body got crushed by force, the metal crumpling from the impact. Turning right, two synths began rapidly firing at Mason as he got behind the pillar. When they stopped firing, Mason came out, charging at one of them. Mason ducked low when it went to aim, making it move to readjust its aim.

Bam!

Slamming into it full force, Mason tackled it, slamming it into the wall behind. As it went to hit him with its pistol, Mason reached up, grabbed its arm, and slammed it down, forcing the weapon from its hand. Holding its arm by its side, he lifted it off the ground, using it as a synthetic shield as the other began to rapidly fire. Not stopping, he turned around as the other synth began firing, using the body to take the shots. Moving slowly, Mason didn't stop, even when a laser hit his exposed arms, not leaving the synths any breathing room. As the synth stopped to reload, Mason dropped the destroyed metal and charged forward.

Bam!

Throwing a jab, Mason knocked the synth back as it stopped reloading its weapon, dropping it to pull out its baton. As the synth swung its weapon, Mason went to block it.

Clang! Bam!

Hitting it away using the metal armor, Mason threw a cross, leaving a dent in its head.

Bam!

Throwing an uppercut, Mason tore the head clean off the body. Quickly moving, he moved to an area with a chemistry station, catching a synth by the head as it tried to hide behind some cabinets.

Bang!

Slamming the head into the cabinet, it crumpled in the metal. Leaving its body hanging there, he didn't bother to pull it out. Turning, Mason saw a synth looking at him, its armor black, a helmet covering its entire face, unlike those he'd fought before.