Chapter 25: Railroad, Meet the General

After repairing his armor at the station in Goodneighbor, Mason and the others left, heading north a bit since he knew a church was nearby.

"How much more fightin' is there gonna be?" Mason grunted, stomping the head of a mongrel in as Heather and Piper both took care of one. Grabbing the one Dogmeat was holding, Mason crushed its head between his hands, dropping the corpse to the ground.

"A lot. At least between here and the Castle," Heather remarked, Piper agreeing with her.

"This is gonna be a douleur dans mon cul," Mason remarked, Heather smiling while Piper just shook her head, having already given up on understanding what he says.

"There's a church to the north," Mason remarked as he climbed some rubble over a trailer. "May not be much, but we're gonna see if there's anythin' good there." As they reached the ground, the sensor of the helmet picked up movement nearby, and as Mason looked down, saw a ghoul crawling from under the rubble.

"Bon sang!" Mason yelled, stomping the head of the ghoul in as another charged at him from a set of stairs nearby. Bringing up his arms, Mason knocked the ghoul back as it lunged, sending it flying into a wall. Walking up to it, Mason grabbed it by the head before squeezing.

"RAGH!" a ghoul yelled, jumping from some stairs towards Mason. Swinging up an arm, it connected with the ghoul, sending it flying into the banister of the stairs.

Mason was about to go in the direction of the stairs, towards Faneuil Hall, before feeling something bounce off his helmet. Turning his head, slowly, he saw a raider standing on a guard tower in a small encampment. Turning his attention to them, he began to stroll towards them, more raiders coming up the tower to fire.

"Fuck, they're wearing Power Armor!" one of the raiders yelled as Mason reached the gate. Placing a hand to the gate, Mason brought his fist before swinging forward.

BOOM!

Surprisingly the gate still stood but shook tremendously. Pulling back his fist, Mason swung.

BOOM!

"Shoot the fucker!" one of the raiders yelled, trying to get the others to focus on him instead of the others. Which Mason was glad about. Get their attention on him. Taking a few steps back, Mason got into a running stance before charging forward.

Breaking through the gate, Mason came to a stop as the wood clattered to the ground, looking around to see three turrets, turning to aim at him. Storming to the nearest one, Mason put a fist through the top of it, grabbing it in the middle and by the barrel. Ripping it off its mount, Mason threw the turret at another. As the turret blew up, the last one remaining began firing, Mason holding his arms in front of him to prevent bullets from hitting the sensor on the helmet. As Mason moved towards the turret, Heather and Piper continued taking down raiders, Dogmeat holding down a few raiders to help them.

Reaching the turret, Mason threw a leg forward, kicking it off its mount, sending it into the wall where it blew up, sending sheets of metal flying. Two raiders got hit, one piece embedding itself into the skull of one, the other piece landing in the other raider's chest.

Turning, Mason noticed Heather and Piper had taken care of the other raiders, Dogmeat sniffing the bodies, trying to find anything useful.

"Find anythin'?" Mason asked as he stuffed some armor into a bag. Could use it for scraps. It didn't offer much protection.

"Just some bullets and armor," Heather replied.

"Stimpaks, Blue," Piper told him, passing them over. "Could be useful."