Chapter one - Ophelia

Black

That's all I could see. I tried to open my eyes to no avail. Where am I? What happened?

I could hear people in the distance, only mumbles though. I tried opening my eyes again. This time it worked. I looked around the small white room I was in. There was a window across the room from the white bed I was laying on. The curtains were open, blinding me. At the foot of my bed was a door, the exit. I quickly sat up now noticing the increasing pain in my head and the glass of water placed on the nightstand next to me. I gently picked it up, my hand shaking as I drank it. Why did my head hurt so much?

"Wilbur, what do we do?" A boy from the other side of the door spoke. I got up clutching my head with my hand as it pounded. I slowly walked to the door listening to their conversation.

"We have nothing left. They blew it all up." The same boy from before said.

"We have no choice Tommy...we have to kill them." The other boy, wilbur, spoke. Were they referring to me? I tried to twist the door knob open. Locked. Great. Maybe they were talking about me. Was I their prisoner?

"But Will, we can't-" the younger boy, Tommy, spoke again.

"IT'S THE ONLY WAY! IF YOU WANT L'MANBURG TO HAVE IT'S FREEDOM THEY HAVE TO DIE!" The older boy yelled from behind the door. I was frozen with fear. It seemed the other boy was too seeing as he didn't say anything. Could they really be talking about me? I didn't know, but I wasn't about to stick around to find out.

I quickly turned around and ran to the window trying to pry it open. Of course it would be locked like the door. I remembered the glass I had in my hand that I had gotten from the nightstand. The nightstand. That could work. I threw the glass on the bed and lifted the nightstand. I dragged it to the window and pulled it above my shoulders, preparing. I took a deep breath and threw the nightstand at the window. With a loud crash it was broken. I ran to the window and jumped out just as I heard someone slam open the door.

"Ophelia! Wait! Come back!" The younger boy called after me from the window. I didn't listen. Instead I kept running, my head still pounding. Now I knew what my name was though. Ophelia. I didn't know where I was going, but at the moment I didn't care. I ran through the strange place avoiding holes in the ground, heading strait for the gate. When I got out of the walls I ran into the woods, triping over sticks and bushes slightly as I went.

"OPHELIA WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" The boy yelled as I ran through the woods away from where ever the hell I was. I risked a glance back just in time to see, what I assume to be, the two boys from before running out of the very same gates I just had.

*thud*

Ow. That sure helped the headache. Did I just run into a tree? No. The boy standing above me said otherwise. He didn't say anything, just stared down at me as I layed on the ground. He was wearing black jeans, a bright green sweatshirt with the hood pulled up, some black sneakers, and to top it all off He had this strange white smiley face mask on.

"What do we have here?" He said as he crouched down to my level. I quickly stumbled to sit up, starting to back up before I felt my back hit something. A tree. As I backed up he stood up walking towards me. He stood in front of me, then leaned down grabbing my chin with his calloused hand to make me look at him.

"Why are you running from l'manburg? Are you a citizen there?" He asked as I stared into the eye holes of his mask. Now that I was closer I could see the rare emerald green eyes he had. Cute.

"Who. Are. You?" He asked, a little more impatient then before.

"I don't know." I said. It was the truth. Not all of it though. I did know my name thanks to the boy chasing me. But I wasn't going to tell him that. He seemed dangerous.

"You don't know? How can you not know who you are?" He asked, now sounding annoyed.

"I don't remember." I said.

"OPHELIA! WHERE ARE YOU! COME ON, THIS ISN'T FUCKING FUNNY!" Someone else from in the forest yelled. Crap. It was the young boy again. The man let go of my chin and stood up staring in the direction of the yelling boy. An axe appearing in his hand. He turned back to me.

"Are you Ophelia then?" He asked expectantly. I nodded. There was no point in hiding it now. Who else could the yelling boy be referring to?

"You said you don't remember anything right?" I nodded. At that answer he seemed to get an idea.

"Was there somewhere in specific you were headed to Ophelia?" He asked. I just shook my head. He extended his hand out to me, offering for me to take it.

"Would you like to come with me? Your running from that boy right?" He didn't wait for me to respond. "If you come with me I can help you." I looked down at his hand. Should I go with him? Can I even trust him?

"OPHELIA! GOD DAMMIT, WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!" It was the boy again. He sounded angry. Whoever this man was had to be better than the angry boy chasing me. Well here goes nothing. I grabbed the man's hand giving him a slight nod. He pulled me up from my seat on the ground, but he didn't let go of my hand.

"Smart choice." That was all he said before throwing some orb looking thing in the opposite direction of where I came from. Suddenly I felt as though my body was being ripped into a million little pieces. It didn't hurt though. It only lasted a second before I felt those millions of pieces come back together. I collapsed, preparing myself to hit the ground. But I never did. He had caught me. He lifted me back to my feet, allowing me to steady myself before letting me go.

"Thanks" I mumbled, looking at the man.

"Don't mention it." He turned and started walking away. I looked around at my surroundings. Did we telaport? We were still in the woods but i could tell we definitely weren't in the same spot. For one the tree I was sat up against was gone.

"Well?" I turned to see the man a couple feet away. "are you coming?" I ran after him, catching up and walking with him at his side.

"What was that?" I asked, looking at his mask.

"What?...the ender pearl?" He said looking back at me as we walked.

"Ender pearl?"

"Yeah. Basically wherever you throw it you're teleported to. You really don't remember anything, do you?" He said looking back at me.

"No." I said almost sadly looking in front of us. Wait. Who is this guy? Did I even get his name? Now that I thought about it, I didn't.

"I never got your name. What is it?" I asked looking back at his mask. He looked at me again. I could just barely see the small smirk he had on his lips from were his mask wasn't covering it.

"Dream"

......................................................................

1288 words

First chapter done, Woo!

Anyways thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy and continue reading.

Have a lovely day/night!