Chapter thirty three - Champ

As I made my way back to the base through the woods I thought about what Tubbo said.

So Schlatt's planning a festival huh? Tubbo thinks that maybe Wilbur or Tommy will have a plan, but I'm not so sure. Tommy isn't really one to plan so I doubt he'll be any help. And Wilbur has been in the conference room alone for days now. I think he's been trying to come up with a plan but he seems to be hitting a dead end over and over again and going a little insane. But who knows maybe with this information he'll be able to create a solid plan. But I'm still not sure-

The sound of a branch snapping pulled me out of my thoughts. I quickly turned around and checked behind me. I could see a little movement in the bush but I couldn't tell if it was the wind or not.

"Who's there!" I shouted pulling out my sword just in case. Schlatt had taken all of my inventory when he had me locked up, including the axe Dream had let me have. So now I was stuck with a sword. Tommy said it was my sword though, so I guess I should get used to it.

"Hello!?" I shouted again when I received no response. A couple more seconds of waiting and I heard more rustling in the bushes.

"Come out now!" I yelled while inching closer to the bushes. When nothing happened I decided to get closer and move the bush myself. Once I did I let out a small laugh at the sight before me.

"You're no monster. You're just a harmless puppy aren't you?" I said bending down to pet the small creature. It flinched away from my hand but still didn't move from its spot. Huh? That's odd. Usually if a wolf is scared of you it would just run off. Why is this one not moving?

"Don't worry little guy. I'm not gonna hurt you." I spoke, crouching down on the forest floor. I moved the bush a little more, revealing its legs, only to freeze when the wolf let out a painful cry. That's when I saw its leg.

"Aw. Poor guy. How did you do that?" It's leg was definitely broken. "You won't survive on your own out here like that." I mumbled to myself. I let the bandages from in my inventory appear in my hand before searching for a small sturdy stick.

"Hold still little guy." I spoke quietly as I began to wrap the bandages around its leg, using the stick as a brace for its leg. Once I was done I helped the wolf pup stand and walk out of the bushes.

"Good. See? Better, right?" I questioned the small creature before realizing it can't understand a word I'm saying. Whatever.

The small wolf took a second before being able to walk on its own without my help. Once it figured it out it started to bark happily before leaping onto me. Luckily I caught it before it fell back onto the forest floor. I laughed as it licked my face in what I assume was thanks for helping it.

"Alright! Alright! You're welcome!" I continued to laugh as I placed it back down. I knelt down to pet it one more time before saying goodbye and continuing my walk back to Pogtopia.

When Pogtopia finally came into view I took a deep breath to ready myself for the inevitable questioning before opening the door to head inside. I started down the stairs before pausing when I heard scratching at the door. I narrowed my eyes at the door before cautiously going to open it.

"What are you doing here? Did you follow me?" I asked staring down at the wolf pup. It only stared back at me as it barked happily. I sighed as I realized this puppy wasn't going to leave me alone. So I decided to pick it up and bring it inside.

"I guess I'm stuck with you now huh?" I said, before letting out a small laugh. I carried the wolf down the stairs with me until we reached the bottom and I put it down. I let out another deep sigh before heading to my room. As soon as I opened the door I was met with arms circling around my waist, pulling me close to them.