Chapter thirty seven - The Festival

Ophelia's pov

---

"Tommy!" I shouted as I ran towards my father, who had just slapped the small boy across the face. I went to jump in front of my brother when I felt a hand wrap around my small wrist, before I was lifted off the ground.

"Agh!" I shouted as pain ran from my wrist through my body. He ignored my pain as he turned back to my brother.

"No!" I bellowed just as the doorbell rang. My father froze and released my wrist from his hold.

"Go to your rooms. Now!" He ordered. Tommy quickly scurried off trying to hide his tears of pain and fear. I however wasn't so quick.

We never had visitors, so for someone to ring our doorbell was strange. I wanted to know who it was. So I went to the living room and hid behind the sliver of the wall that separated the kitchen from the living room. I peaked around the corner to see my father open the door and invite a man into the kitchen. The man wore a plain black suit with a red tie that matched his single redstone earing. He also had goat horns sticking out of the mess of chocolate brown hair sat atop his head.

"Schlatt? What are you doing here? How did you find me?" My father questioned with some confusion.

"Oh don't look so worried E." The man, Schlatt, said as he patted my father on the back. "I'm the only one from the clan that knows your location. I just thought I would stop by and see if the rumors were true. Have you really got an Ender Dragon hybrid under control?" My father raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know that? Your not even a member of the clan yet. You have plenty of trials left to complete." Schlatt let out an extremely fake sounding laugh.

"Well if these rumors going around are true it seems you now have a trial to complete before you can be rexcepted into the clan yourself." He said with a knowing smirk. "You're not even wearing your second earing anymore." My father huffed before walking over to the kitchen table and taking a seat. The man joined him.

"If I remember correctly you have to complete that same trial. It's a shame you let the women carrying your child disappear. It's going to make things a lot more difficult for you." At this I furrowed my brow. I knew what trials my father was referring to. They were the same trials he would go on and on about completing at 14, being the youngest to receive his second redstone earing and join his clan. but I didn't know what the specifics of the trials were. What did a child have to do with them?

"Eh." Schlatt shrugged casually. "I'll worry about that when I get to it. Like you said, I've got plenty of trials left to complete. It will take me a while to get there. But what about you? If you really did have a child with Ender Dragon abilities, you know it wouldn't matter right? You would have to kill them anyways. Otherwise your precious clan won't except you anymore." My eyes grew wide.