Chapter thirty nine - Awake

Dream's pov

I sat at the edge of Ophelia's bed, petting Champ, waiting for her to wake. I was the only one in the ravine since everyone else was at the Manburg festival. They had only been gone for an hour when I heard Ophelia gasp and jolt awake, scaring the puppy at the end of the bed.

"Ophelia!" I cheered as I shifted to face her. She seemed to ignore my exclaim and began looking around alarmingly. "Ophelia, it's ok. You're ok." I tried to console her, but as soon as I put my hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down she jerked back. She gave me a look of disgust before standing up and exiting the room.

"Ophelia! Where are you going?!" I shouted as I ran out of the room after her. Champ following closely behind. I found her standing at the door of the conference room.

"Where is everyone." She demanded with no emotion. The bitter tone shocked me and seemed to scare the small pup, who was now hiding behind me.

"Ophelia what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Where are they?" She questioned with a little bit of a nicer tone.

"They're at the festival. They'll be back-" I was cut off by Ophelia stomping past me towards the stairs. "Where are you going!?"

"The festival." She deadpanned while heading up the stairs.

"You should be resting!" I called after her. She didn't stop or even acknowledge me. When she was halfway up the stairs I began to run up after her, but when I got to the top and went out the door she was gone. It was like she vanished. All that was left was a gust of wind and a couple leaves floating off the trees.

Tommy's pov

As Tubbo began his speech, Wilbur made his way to the hole we had made in the side of the building. He whispered a 'wish me luck' and gave a quick salute before taking off towards the switch that would blow it all up. I let out a heavy sigh, unable to return his solute, as I turned back towards the podium and listened to Tubbo go on about lettuce. After a couple seconds I heard a quiet thud behind me and quickly spun around to face the culprit, my sword in hand.

"Slow reaction time." She deadpanned.

"Ophelia! You're awake!" I shouted. A mixture of glee and fear in my tone. Not fear of her, but fear of what she may remember.

I slowly put the sword away as she made her way to the wall facing the crowd. She broke a small hole in the wall, just big enough to look through, and began to scour the crowd. Suddenly, she stopped, whipped around, and grabbed my arm, pulling me with her to the exit of the NASA building.

"You have to leave. Our father is in the audience and he's coming this way." I stopped.

"What?" I muttered, too stunned to say anything else. She paused and turned back around to face me.

"Our father knows where we are and is coming to get us. So we need to get the hell out of Manburg right now." I didn't move.

"He's here?" My voice was small.

"Yes." she didn't seem as shocked as I did.

"Did you know?" She hesitated.

"Yes."

"For how long!?" I shouted, ripping my arm from her grasp.