Chapter twenty nine - How Do You Know Me?

Dream's pov

"Dream why are we helping Schlatt?" George questioned me as we walked to l'manburg.

"Because." I stated coldly before picking up my pace a bit to get in front of him and Sapnap. George looked to Sapnap with a questioning look, but he only shrugged his shoulders. We continued to walk in scilence.

I wish I could tell them more than anything, but the deal with Schlatt prevented me from telling anyone. The whole of l'manburg thinks she's a threat that was detained while most people outside of l'manburg don't even know she's a prisoner.

It had been around two weeks and Schlatt had only asked me to do minimal things. Today was like any other day Schlatt would ask for me. I would grab George and Sapnap and we would leave for l'manburg almost immediately.

When we arive I tell them to wait outside while I talk to Schlatt. He'll give me my task, I'll argue, he'll threaten Ophelia, and then I'll leave to do what he asked, George and Sapnap following close behind. And today is no different.

I miss her like crazy and I wish there was something else I could do, but I don't even know where she's being kept. I've looked a couple times during the night with no luck.

All I can do now is follow Schlatt's orders and hope he keeps his word. No matter what though, I will get her out of there.

Ophelia's pov

It had been almost a month and things weren't as bad as they were in the beginning. Quackity talked to Schlatt who in return was furious that Quackity went behind his back and visited me.

It didn't matter though because Schlatt already got what he wanted. He knew how to find my dad and I wished I could forget the memories he had brought to the surface in order to do so.

Quackitys been visiting me more often and I've gotten to know him again. He's usually the one to bring me my meals since Schlatt wasn't the greatest at that and Quackity didn't mind. I also remembered a lot about how I knew him previously.

I heard the door from the stairs open and I sat up in my bed. It's a little early for lunch isn't it? The next thing I heard was footsteps coming down the stairs. The thing that worried me though was the fact that it wasn't just one pair, but two. Is Schlatt coming with Quackity? Ever since Quackity talked to Schlatt about my situation he said he was more distant from him and they never came down together.

"Quackity? Schlatt?" I questioned. There was some whispering and one pair of the footsteps stopped while the other continued around the corner.

"Ophelia! What do you say we get you out of here today hm?" Schlatt said, coming to a stop in front of my cell bars.

"What are you talking about? You said I wouldn't be released until Dream did everything you needed him to." I questioned carefully. About a week ago I got Schlatt to tell me the conditions of his deal with Dream so him saying this confused me.

I know he needs him to fight in the war agaisnt my brothers and from what Quackity tells me that hasn't happened yet.

"Yes-yes. But what Dream doesn't know won't hurt him." He spoke with an evil grin. As if on cue the other pair of footsteps rounded the corner. When the man who wasn't Quackity came into view I gasped. My world froze. No.

"Dad?" No no no no no! The man grew a smug smile. He looked the same as he did all those years ago, just a bit older. Same buff build, same scars, same dirty blonde hair, same cocky demeanor.