Chapter twelve - The Meeting

"Where are you going?" I asked innocently as Dream stood up to leave the room. George had me on bed rest, because every once in a while out of the blue I'd pass out. And every time I passed out I'd remember something. He said I wasn't allowed to leave my bed until he could figure out how to help me so Dream was in here with me basically 24/7 and him leaving confused me. It also made me feel a little...sad?

"Meeting." That was short and quick.

"With who? What's it about?" He paused and turned around. He then walked back to the chair slowly. He sat down and sighed loudly before speaking.

"Yesterday Tommy sent me a letter." He looked up at me like he was expecting me to say something, but I only nodded for him to continue. "He asked to meet with me at noon today to negotiate...I said yes." He said as he stared down at his hands in his lap.

"Ok." His head shot up.

"Your not gonna say anything? Or ask to come with?" He said in disbelief.

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"No matter what I say your gonna go anyways. Besides, I'm stuck on bed rest remember?"

"Yeah. Well you scared us pretty bad there." He said, referring to when I first passed out, as he stood up again.

"Yeah. It scared me too." I mumbled quietly as he walked to the door. It's weird. Everything is coming back to me slowly, but at the same time i still feel like I know nothing. Like I still don't remember anything. But there is one thing I remember, and thats Tommy. "Dream."

"Yeah?" He said turning to face me again.

"Just promise me you won't hurt him." He didn't hesitate to answer like I thought he would.

"I promise." He then opened the door and walked out into the hallway. "Be back soon princess." He said smiling as he closed the door behind him. I've really got to think of a nickname for him!

. . .

Dream's pov

As I walked through the woods to l'manburg all I could think about was her. I found myself picturing her every feature in my head. Her baby blue eyes. Her short, golden blonde hair with perfect highlights. Her beautiful smile. Her laugh. Everything. I was so lost in thought I didn't even realize I had reached l'manburg.

"Pst. Dream." I turned to my left to see Tommy standing next to the outside wall of l'manburg a little whiles past the gate. "Over here." He whisper shouted as he gestured for me to come over. I raised a skeptical eye brow as I slowly approached the teen.

"What do you want Tommy." I said coldly.

"I already told you! Didn't you read the letter!" He whisper shouted.

"I skimmed over it." I said shrugging.

"YOU-" He started before he caught himself. I chuckled. "Fine. whatever. You do you I guess." Hm. He's really trying here, isn't he.

"What did you want to negotiate Tommy?" I said in a monotone voice.

"Dream I know what you want from me." The boy said sternly.

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" I said, amused.

"I'll give you both of the disks...if you let us have our independence and you return Ophelia to us." He stated sternly, looking directly at me. I stood there in shock for a second before responding.