Chapter forty - Family

Dream's pov

I still didn't understand why the hell I was chasing this mad man, but I told myself it was revenge for what he did to Ophelia. He hadn't seemed to notice me behind him yet and was completely focused on the panicked teen running ahead of him. Just before he could reach the screaming blonde I shouted to get his attention, "Hey!"

The man turned around just in time to see me as I tackled him to the ground. He quickly shoved me off of him and we both stood up, getting into fighting positions.

"Run." I grumbled in frustration towards the teen who, stupidly enough, had stopped running and was watching us. He glanced at his father before taking off further into the woods. I heard the man groan as he watched Tommy run away before turning back to me with a scowl.

"You're gonna regret that kid." He said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not worried about it." I returned as I lunged at the man. He dodged but I used my momentum to roll on the ground and get back up to my feet. I quickly turned around just in time to dodge a knife to the chest but was met with a knee to the stomach shortly after. I leaned forward as I held my abdomen in pain. The man laughed.

"That's all it took?! Seriously?! I thought you would have been way stronger, being Ophelia's boy toy-" His snarky comment was cut off by my fist hitting him square in the face. I stood up straight as he stumbled back, wiping the blood from his nose, as he glared at me. A smirk began to grow on his face. "That's more like it."

"Shut it old man." I grumbled as I pulled out my sword. He did the same and before I knew it we were in an all out battle. He was going to kill me if he got the chance and I would do the same. No hesitation. Unfortunately for me his opportunity came first and I cried out in pain as he slashed his sword across my chest. I stumbled but stayed standing and that caused him to raise an eyebrow.

"You're certainly not weak that's for sure." He scoffed. He came at me once again and I managed to kock his sword out of his hand. By now I was breathing heavily and beginning to loose my strength. The cut on my chest not doing me any favors. "Impressive. But not nearly enough." He teased with a sly smile before he punched me right in the face and everything went black.

Ophelia's pov

"Don't listen to them...little piggy." The pinkette froze. He slowly lowered his firework loaded crossbow and allowed a smirk to creep onto his stone face.

"Welcome back." He spoke lowly without turning to look at me. I smiled.

"Ophelia! I gotta say I was not expecting you considering the situation your brother has surely found himself in." The president mocked with a sinister fake smile. I released Techno's shoulder as I turned to Schlatt.

"Well I couldn't let Techno do your dirty work for you, now could I?" I said, nodding my head towards his redstone earing which had given him away. His facade melted just the slightest.

"You remember." He stated plainly. I simply nodded. The redstone earing was a tell for the clan my father was apart of. Every member, including one's who are still completing trials, are given a specially designed redstone earing to wear.

"Wait, y-you have all your memories back?" Tubbo, who had been silent up until now, questioned weakly. I ignored the teen and instead gave a silent signal to Techno to start firing. He didn't hesitate and immediately fired his crossbow at Quackity as I pulled out my own crossbow and shot Schlatt. The president tried to dodge but ended up with the arrow in his arm instead of his chest which is we're I was aiming. He quickly escaped with a pearl realizing this wouldn't end well for him.