Chapter twenty seven - Father

Tommy's pov

"Please tune into coms for the second presidential speach." Will and I's communicators said after buzzing twice. We both turned to each other with a questioning look before doing as the message said.

"People of l'manburg!..and Tommyinnit and Wilbursoot, once we find them and expell them from our great nation!" I scrunched my face in annoyance.

"The sun rises on another chapter in our country's history. The next page of the textbook that children will be reading till the end of time. I reckon our nation needs to expand! I reckon we've...we've done our country a great disservice. I reckon...we take down...the walls." I looked up at Wilbur with horror.

"EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY! I'M LAUNCHING A PUBLICS WORK PROJECT! ALL citizens of l'manburg are REQUIRED to help tear down the walls of this country. Thus ends the second presidential speach." The communicator then went to static. No. No. He can't do this!

"Will?" I questioned, noticing the distraught look on his face.

"I've gotta go and watch this." He said before leaving the small dirt shack we now lived in.

"Wilbur! Wait!" I shouted as I ran out the cave after him. "Will!" I shouted once more, but he just kept walking. "Will if were seen-"

"No. I need to watch this Tommy." He said sternly, never turning around to look at me or even stopping. He just kept walking towards l'manburg. I followed him in silence. When we arrived at the cliff across from l'manburg the sight before us was heart breaking.

"Oh my god..." The walls were being cut down brick by brick by the people we called our friends.

"My son...MY SON is tearing down the walls in front of me!" Will said as a tear fell from his eye. "The walls I built to keep him safe!" I didn't say anything. I had never been one to comfort people so I didn't know what to say.

"L'manburg...my unfinished symphony." Will spoke sadly. I let out a heavy sigh as I scanned the walls, seeing my so called friends destroy the walls with smiles. Fundy was celebrating with Quackity and the rest of them, which only broke Will more.

"Tommy, from what I can gather there are only two people we can trust right now. That's Tubbo and Niki." Wilbur said as he turned away from l'manburg and started to walk away. I quickly followed after him, after taking one last look at the walls.

"What about Ophelia?" I questioned with confusion.

"We can't trust her. We never could." I stopped.

"What the hell are you talking about? She's my sister Wilbur. She's your sister." I said, putting emphasis on your. He stopped and turned around to face me.

"She's an anarchist Tom-"

"Exactly! She's a fucking anarchist and we need help fighting against a hostile government! Besides we're her fucking brothers! Why wouldn't she help us?!" I said, anger growing inside me.

"I don't trust her Tommy! She's threatened me and l'manburg multiple times! She'll be happy to see it fall like this."

"She doesnt even remember those days! We have no idea how the hell she feels about it now! Wilbur, she was in the audience cheering us on the whole time! Does that sound like the Ophelia who threatened L'manburg!?" I shouted at my brother.